PROTOCOLS & PROCEDURES FOR OWNERS ATTENDING RACES AT WOODBINE RACETRACK
Woodbine Entertainment has released the protocols and procedures for owners to start having access to the apron to watch their horse(s) race at Woodbine Racetrack.
Starting this Saturday, August 1, an owner (plus one guest) will be allowed to access the apron at Woodbine Racetrack for a race in which they have a horse competing. That is a maximum of TWO (2) people per horse.
All owners will be required to pre-register prior to attending (a link to pre-register is below), as space is limited due to current COVID-19 and provincial outdoor gathering capacity limits. Every owner and guest attending live racing will undergo mandatory screening and a temperature check prior to gaining access to the apron through the security check point at Gate 10, near the west entrance to the grandstand.
In addition to pre-registering, all owners and their guest must fill out Woodbine’s online daily COVID-19 screening questionnaire prior to attending live racing. Completion of the questionnaire must be done the day of your race, in advance of arrival will avoid lineups at the entrance. The Link may be found here.
Owners and their guest will have access to the apron for viewing a race in which they have a horse competing only. Following the conclusion of that race, they are asked to leave to provide space for other owners. Owners and guest will not be permitted in the paddock, race office, backstretch or the grandstand building at this time. Owners with multiple races on a single card of racing will be asked to wait by their vehicle until the apron becomes available for access. Owners are asked to use the secured west parking lot. If Owners have not obtained a swipe card to this parking lot in previous years they may contact Martha Wakely at firstname.lastname@example.org. There will be no food and beverage service or wagering services available at this time.
All owners are asked to review and comply with the following protocols for attending live racing at Woodbine Racetrack.
- Owners are to enter via Gate 10 and must check-in at the security booth before heading directly to the apron.
- All owners and their guest must be pre-registered in order to gain access to the apron.
- Owners must accompany their guest onto the apron.
- Each person entering will undergo screening and a temperature check.
- Owners are to go directly to the apron upon completion of screening process.
- A mask must be worn at all times while on the property, including at all times while on the apron.
- Owners have to dress accordingly for weather. Umbrellas may be required on rainy days.
- Owners may arrive 30 minutes prior to the race if they have a horse competing in and must leave following completion of that race and wait by their vehicle.
We sincerely appreciate your patience over the last couple of months.