Day Cook Racing
For over 100 years, we have been the engine that drives the Ontario horse racing industry. From King’s and Queen’s trips to Canada, to first dates, anniversaries and unforgettable horse races, we create winning experiences for all our guests.
Join a certified Great Place to Work team and be part of the future of horse racing and entertainment. Access exciting programs that can help unlock your potential while developing challenging and rewarding career goals. As we grow, we need dedicated people to join our cause. Be part of Woodbine Entertainment and get inspired to make work awesome!
Woodbine Entertainment is growing and we are currently looking for Cooks who are fun, customer-focused and are committed to providing our guests with winning experiences!
This position is extremely important to Woodbine’s success. By working together with our team members, you will exceed our guests’ expectations each and every time and most importantly, have fun while doing so.
Some of the key responsibilities include: preparing and cooking all items required for the daily menu, (hot, cold and buffet, ala carte) by following proper sanitation and stock procedures; as well as assisting the culinary management team with other related tasks to deliver an incredible winning experience!
Our ideal candidate is going to have a strong passion to wow our guests, great communication skills, a friendly and outgoing attitude, be able to work in a fast paced environment and be willing to maximize their potential. At Woodbine, the opportunities are endless, so come join a company that makes work awesome!
What are we looking for:
- Completed apprenticeship and attained Food Safety Certificate (attained within the last two years)
- Minimum one to two (1 to 2) years related cooking experience
- Working knowledge of Health and Safety practices
- Ability to lift up to 60 pounds
- Basic math skills
- Proven verbal and written communication skills and interpersonal skills
- Proven organizational skills
- Ability to work in a team environment
- Demonstrated customer service skills