For over 100 years, we have been the engine that drives the Ontario horse racing industry. From King’s and Queen’s trips to Canada, to first dates, anniversaries and unforgettable horse races, we create winning experiences for all our guests.
Join a certified Great Place to Work team and be part of the future of horse racing and entertainment. Access exciting programs that can help unlock your potential while developing challenging and rewarding career goals. As we grow, we need dedicated people to join our cause. Be part of Woodbine Entertainment and get inspired to make work awesome!
Woodbine Entertainment is growing, and we are currently looking for a Welder/Fabricator who is customer-focused and committed to providing our guests with winning experiences!
What do we offer?
Job stability: this is a Full Time/permanent opportunity
Hours of work and Flexible Schedule: 40 hours a week with flexible scheduling
Brand new shop: we have an amazing new Fleet facility waiting for you to maximize your potential
Staff meals discounts: have breakfast, lunch and dinner for less than $5 dollars a meal – coffee, pop and tea is free!
Benefit package: fully paid comprehensive health and dental benefits coverage
What you’ll do?
Your main responsibilities will be to weld, fabricate and maintain custom machinery; as well as repair equipment, operate hand tools and keep a tidy work station. You will also be required to consistently uphold and demonstrate safety rules and standards as designated by Fleet Services Department and report any special occurrences or discrepancies to Sr Fleet Manager.
Our ideal candidate is going to have a strong passion to wow our guests, great communication skills, a friendly and outgoing attitude, be able to work in a fast-paced environment and be willing to maximize their potential. At Woodbine, the opportunities are endless, so come join a company that makes work awesome!
What are we looking for:
- Must posses CWB (Certified Welding Board) or a 456A Trade Certificated
- Minimum 5 years welding and fabrication experience in the field and shop environment
- A background in the Heavy Equipment / Agriculture is a strong asset
- Good understanding of distortion control and ability to weld tolerance from 1/8” to 0.10” is required
- Availability for shift work, weekends, holidays & overtime
- Availability to lift up to 50 lbs
- A valid Class “G” drivers license is required
- Must obtain and maintain a valid ORC license