For over 100 years, we have been the engine that drives the Ontario horse racing industry. From King’s and Queen’s trips to Canada, to first dates, anniversaries and unforgettable horse races, we create winning experiences for all our guests.
Join a certified Great Place to Work team and be part of the future of horse racing and entertainment. Access exciting programs that can help unlock your potential while developing challenging and rewarding career goals. As we grow, we need dedicated people to join our cause. Be part of Woodbine Entertainment and get inspired to make work awesome!
Date posted: September 9, 2019
Woodbine Entertainment is growing and we are currently looking for Security Guards who are fun, customer-focused people that are committed to providing our guests with winning experiences!
Your main responsibilities will be to provide protection to the general public and ensure a fun and safe experience while they are on company venues, provide assistance/ support by answering customer inquiries and direct as required. You will also observe floors and stairways ensuring that they are clear of debris, obstructions and fire hazards, enforce track rules, ORC regulations, Provincial statutes and Municipal by-laws and assist Medical Staff when required. Other duties as assigned.
our ideal candidate is going to have a strong passion to wow our guests, great communication skills, a friendly and outgoing attitude, be able to work in a fast paced environment and be willing to maximize their potential.
What are we looking for:
- Secondary school diploma or equivalent
- One (1) to two (2) years experience, preference will be given to those enrolled in a police foundations program
- Must have valid First Aid/CPR certification
- Must have completed or in process of obtaining SmartServe
- Must possess a valid PSISA Security Guard License
- Must possess and maintain a valid ORC license
- Must be available to work at all locations (Woodbine, and Mohawk)
- Valid driver’s license with Ministry of Ontario Driver’s Abstract
- Must be available for work on June 18th The North American Cup and, July 3rd Queen’s Plate, in addition to availability for other major race dates. Employment will commence in March in time for the 2016 Racing Season.
- Employees will be required to select at least one shift on a weekend per week during the month consisting of a midnight, day, or afternoon with availability to work.