Gaming Quick Service MHK
For over 100 years, we have been the engine that drives the Ontario horse racing industry. From King’s and Queen’s trips to Canada, to first dates, anniversaries and unforgettable horse races, we create winning experiences for all our guests.
Join a certified Great Place to Work team and be part of the future of horse racing and entertainment. Access exciting programs that can help unlock your potential while developing challenging and rewarding career goals. As we grow, we need dedicated people to join our cause. Be part of Woodbine Entertainment and get inspired to make work awesome!
Date posted: July 15, 2019
Woodbine Entertainment is growing and we are currently looking for Stand Captains who are fun, customer-focused people that are committed to providing our guests with winning experiences!
This position is extremely important to Woodbine’s success. By working together with your team members, you will exceed our guests’ expectations each and every time and most importantly, have fun while doing so.
Your main responsibilities will be to assign duties to personnel and ensure completion; coordinate break and cleaning schedules according to business requirements, as well as maintain and replenish supplies in food preparation and service areas.
Our ideal candidate is going to have a strong passion to wow our guests, great communication skills, a friendly and outgoing attitude, be able to work in a fast paced environment and be willing to maximize their potential. At Woodbine, the opportunities are endless, so come join a company that makes work awesome!
What are we looking for:
- Must be available to work days, evenings and overnights
- Proven ability to deal professionally and courteously with customers
- Previous leadership experience
- Through understanding of methods and machinery, techniques and sanitation practices involved with preparation and service of concession food and alcoholic beverages
- Proving knowledge of Safe Food Handling Procedures and Health and Safety Practices
- Working knowledge of cash register and tendering procedures
- Proven accuracy in performing basic mathematical calculations
- Basis knowledge of alcoholic beverages
- Ability to communicate effectively in English (oral and written)
- Responsible for obtaining and maintaining Smart Serve certification