Groups and Events Administrator
Partnership Groups and Events
For over 100 years, we have been the engine that drives the Ontario horse racing industry. From King’s and Queen’s trips to Canada, to first dates, anniversaries and unforgettable horse races, we create winning experiences for all our guests.
Join a certified Great Place to Work team and be part of the future of horse racing and entertainment. Access exciting programs that can help unlock your potential while developing challenging and rewarding career goals. As we grow, we need dedicated people to join our cause. Be part of Woodbine Entertainment and get inspired to make work awesome!
Woodbine Entertainment is growing and we are currently looking for Groups and Events Administrator who are fun, customer-focused people that are committed to providing our guests with winning experiences!
This position is extremely important to Woodbine’s success. By working together with your team members, you will exceed our guests’ expectations each and every time and most importantly, have fun while doing so.
Your main responsibilities will be the booking of individual and group dining reservations at available Hospitality Division venues. You will also be accountable of the administration of customer reservations, preparation of Hospitality & Event Sales invoicing and generation of Banquet Event Orders (BEO’s) for internal events. This position, through administrative support and delivering high level of customer service experiences is instrumental in contributing to meeting and exceeding departmental goals.
Our ideal candidate is going to have a strong passion to wow our guests, great communication skills, a friendly and outgoing attitude, be able to work in a fast paced environment and be willing to maximize their potential. At Woodbine, the opportunities are endless, so come join a company that makes work awesome!
What are we looking for:
- Recognized course in Hotel/Restaurant Administration l Management an asset
- A minimum of 1-2 years proven experience in a similar or related position (e.g. call center, customer service, host/hostess)
- knowledge of group functions and banquet/catering operations
- Knowledge in PC business applications, including MS Word, Excel, and PowerPoint
- General to advanced knowledge of Newmarket Delphi, Guestbridge, Volante POS systems an asset
- Ability to work independently, in a team, and meet deadlines
- Ability to develop effective working relationships with internal and external parties