Associate Marketing Manager - Home Marketing Wagering
Our rich history is a big part of who we are. With historic roots dating back over 135 years, Woodbine is steeped in tradition. We have been the engine that drives the Ontario horse racing industry. From King’s and Queen’s trips to Canada, to first dates, anniversaries and unforgettable horse races, we have been creating winning experiences for all our guests.
At Woodbine we are currently on an amazing 20-year journey to ‘build a city within a city’ and transform the largest privately held land in Toronto into one of Canada’s premiere entertainment destinations. This journey will unlock the value of approximately 700 acres of land, leading to job creation and the revitalization of our communities, while enhancing our ability to share the thrill of horse-racing and cementing our place as an entertainment powerhouse.
We are also a certified Great Place to Work! Access exciting programs that can help unlock your potential while developing challenging and rewarding career goals. As we grow, we need dedicated people to join our cause. Be part of Woodbine Entertainment and get inspired to make work awesome!
Our Values & Beliefs
| WOW EVERY GUEST | OWN IT! | LISTEN & CONNECT – PEOPLE MATTER | FUEL THE FUN & PASS IT ON | TRUST IN OUR TEAM | #WE CARE | PURSUE YOUR POTENTIAL |BE BOLD| BE ALL IN |
The objective of the Associate Marketing Manager ( Home Marketing Wagering) is to harness the power of Dark Horse, our upcoming wagering app and HPIBet’s (Woodbine Entertainment Group’s account wagering platform) membership database using business analysis/intelligence to increase wagering revenue and profitability in our Home Market Area (HMA) and nationwide.
Reporting to the Senior Marketing Manager, the Associate Marketing Manager will be responsible for supporting Off-Track Betting (through our Champions brand) and working with Woodbine’s partner tracks to increase wagering through online and offline promotional efforts. An understanding of customer transactional data will be expected to help identify segments and offers that generate increased wagering, increased share of wallet on WEG racing product, improve customer margins, re-engage lapsed customers and improve targeting and offers to new customers.
The ideal candidate will support in the implementation of a life-cycle strategy for HPIbet and Dark horse members. In the long-term, this role would be instrumental in the re-development and implementation of a full-fledged loyalty program for wagering customers within the HPIBet/Dark Horse platforms and Champions.
Further to the above-mentioned responsibilities, this role is also responsible for working with the Content Team to consult on opportunities to develop brand specific promotional content for the HPIbet, Dark Horse and Woodbine social channels. These specific portfolios are important strategic and multifunctional support functions within our evolving matrixed structure and are key to the success of many of our marketing and organizational strategic imperatives.
What are we looking for:
- A minimum of 2 years of work experience in a user-based platform and audience management role (gaming background a plus)
- A minimum of 1 year of work experience with Influencer Marketing – sourcing, managing and development of influencer programs
- Understanding of Marketing strategy, tactics and planning
- Understanding of Social Media / Content Marketing best practices
- Understanding of budgeting and financial management
- Experience with cause and effect type analysis required
- Experience in A/B and multi-variate testing required
- Experience with loyalty programs required
- Experience in a variety of statistical approaches desired
- Experience with online community building and management desired
- Ability to set and manage to objectives
- Advanced written and verbal communication skills required for selling ideas, making presentations, reports and composing correspondence and marketing plans.
- Professionalism and interpersonal skills to represent WEG to external customers, agencies and suppliers
- Ability to sell ideas and programs to Management