At Woodbine Entertainment, we are committed to leveraging the power of horse racing to improve the quality of life in our surrounding communities. Woodbine Entertainment works with many caring community organizations and charitable causes that contribute powerfully to the life, health, and vibrancy of our communities.
Giving back to the communities in which we operate is a major priority for us. Our Woodbine Cares Community Investment Program is committed to giving to organizations that focus on:
- Vibrant and Connected Communities: creating healthy places to play, work, live, learn and grow.
- For the Love of Horses: inspiring a love for horses and building awareness of horse racing in Ontario.
- The Environment and Sustainability: demonstrating a commitment to making the planet a better place tomorrow.
There are many ways in which we give back. Please view below for more details.
Woodbine Cares Community Investment Program provides financial support in the form of micro-grants ($1,000 – $5,000) to local community organizations that are registered with the Canada Revenue Agency (CRA) who:
- Collaboration and partnerships
- Community impact
- Diversity and inclusion
And RESIDE in neighbourhoods around our locations:
- Woodbine Racetrack -555 Rexdale Boulevard, Toronto ON, M9W 5L2
- Woodbine Mohawk Park – 9430 Guelph Line, Campbellville ON, L0P 1B0
- WEGZ – 2601 Rutherford Rd, Concord ON, L4K 2N6
- Greenwood – 1161 Queen St E, Toronto ON, M4L 1G5
APPLICATIONS ARE DUE APRIL 1, 2019. All applicants will be notified by May 1, 2019.
*The Woodbine Entertainment Community Investment Program funds initiatives within the range of $1,000-$5,000.
Woodbine Cares is pleased to support charitable organizations in their fundraising efforts, by offering Dining Certificate donations. Dinner certificates are available for two or four people and are valid for one (1) year from your event date at either Favourites Restaurant at Woodbine Racetrack, Terrace Trackside Buffet at Woodbine Mohawk Park, or WEGZ stadium bar.
Requests must be submitted at least six (6) weeks in advance of your event date. Please note: Only one request per calendar year may be made for each charity. All successful recipients will be acknowledged through Woodbine Cares’ various recognition channels.
Woodbine Cares charitable contributions and support do not extend to:
- Athletics, including individual and all-start sports teams
- Program outside of Ontario, Canada
- Organizations that discriminate by race, creed, gender, age or national origin
- Underwriting of films, video and television productions
- Sectarian/religions activities, including churches, synagogues and other places on worship
- Conferences, trips, or tours
- Fraternal, veteran or labour groups serving only their members
- Membership fees or association fees, either personal or corporate
- Family Foundations