Supervisor, Thoroughbred Racing Surfaces
TB Racing Surfaces
For over 100 years, we have been the engine that drives the Ontario horse racing industry. From King’s and Queen’s trips to Canada, to first dates, anniversaries and unforgettable horse races, we create winning experiences for all our guests.
Join a certified Great Place to Work team and be part of the future of horse racing and entertainment. Access exciting programs that can help unlock your potential while developing challenging and rewarding career goals. As we grow, we need dedicated people to join our cause. Be part of Woodbine Entertainment and get inspired to make work awesome!
Our Values & Beliefs
| WOW EVERY GUEST | OWN IT! | LISTEN & CONNECT – PEOPLE MATTER | FUEL THE FUN & PASS IT ON | TRUST IN OUR TEAM | #WE CARE | PURSUE YOUR POTENTIAL |BE BOLD| BE ALL IN |
We are currently looking for an influential Supervisor, Thoroughbred Racing Surfaces that is customer-focused and committed to providing winning experiences!
This position is extremely important to Woodbine’s success. By working together with your team members, you will continuously strive to provide world class racing surfaces that ensures the safety of our horses and riders and help deliver the thrill of horse racing to our guests and most importantly, having fun while doing so.
What we need from you
- Execute and supervise day to day maintenance of turf tracks, dirt tracks and synthetic Tapeta track
- Log and record daily track maintenance
- Inspect tracks daily to ensure areas are maintained effectively
- Prioritize and assign daily work to multiple teams of maintenance staff (20 to 40 employees)
- Prioritize, coordinate and delegate multiple work tasks
- Ensure safety and minimize risk to equipment operators and customers
- Monitor and maintain the irrigation systems related to tracks
- Develop and maintain relationships with all departments to effectively coordinate work
- Collaborate and demonstrate flexibility in filling work orders from other departments
- Respond in a timely and effective manner to unexpected and immediate needs of customers
- Provide ongoing training, guidance, coaching and feedback to develop employee skills, productivity and teamwork to execute on company policies, handbooks and performance standards.
- Ensure compliance with Health and Safety Acts and regulations
- Assist in hiring staff as per approved budget
- Monitor and appraise staff performance
Key Success Factors
- University Degree in Agriculture, Horticulture or related field
- 1-2 years supervisory experience
- Valid “G” License
- General Knowledge of WHMIS and Health and Safety Act and relevant regulations
- Good understanding of heavy track equipment and track materials
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office
- Knowledge of horse-racing is an asset