People Relations Coordinator
For over 100 years, we have been the engine that drives the Ontario horse racing industry. From King’s and Queen’s trips to Canada, to first dates, anniversaries and unforgettable horse races, we create winning experiences for all our guests.
Join a certified Great Place to Work team and be part of the future of horse racing and entertainment. Access exciting programs that can help unlock your potential while developing challenging and rewarding career goals. As we grow, we need dedicated people to join our cause. Be part of Woodbine Entertainment and get inspired to make work awesome!
Our Values & Beliefs
| WOW EVERY GUEST | OWN IT! | LISTEN & CONNECT – PEOPLE MATTER | FUEL THE FUN & PASS IT ON | TRUST IN OUR TEAM | #WE CARE | PURSUE YOUR POTENTIAL |BE BOLD| BE ALL IN |
What your day will look like:
Reporting to the Senior Manager, People Relations, this role will provide a full range of support to the People Relations team. The purpose of the role is to support the department and organization by administering HR programs, processes and providing technical assistance and support where needed. The incumbent will be responsible for providing day to day operational support with weekly priorities such as updating all employee related changes in the HRIS system and time and attendance system, drafting all employee related correspondence and providing other support to meet the People Relation’s team initiatives.
The successful candidate will have:
· knowledge of labour & employee relations
· Basic knowledge of compensation, pension and benefits and occupational health and safety
· Understanding of the return to work process supporting disability management
practices and procedures
· Familiarity with HRIS and Time and Attendance software, PeopleSoft and Kronos experience is considered an asset
· Strong verbal, interpersonal and communication skills required to write effective letters that include sensitive and sometimes complex issues and interact will all employees
· General ability to compile and analyse statistical data and management information, to assess situations, to identify problems and to develop and recommend solutions to improve processes
· Strong MS Office proficiency (PowerPoint, Excel, Word, Outlook);
· Strong ethics in regard to privacy, confidentiality and protecting the interests of the employees and company
· Autonomous with the ability to work in a team-driven environment
· A high degree of flexibility to adapt to and effectively manage multiple priorities
· Strong ability to work within a team as well as an ability to take initiative and work independently
Education and Experience
· University or college degree/diploma in a field related to Human Resources Management and/or Industrial Relations or the equivalent in education and experience
· Member in good standing with the Human Resources Professionals Association (HRPA) and/or working towards a Certified Human Resources Professional (CHRP) designation would be considered an asset
· 1 -2 years’ experience in a human resources capacity within a unionized environment