Our rich history is a big part of who we are. With historic roots dating back over 135 years, Woodbine is steeped in tradition. We have been the engine that drives the Ontario horse racing industry, creating winning experiences for all our guests.
We are also currently on an amazing 20-year journey to ‘build a city within a city’ and transform the largest privately held land in Toronto into one of Canada’s premiere entertainment destinations. This journey will unlock the value of approximately 700 acres of land, leading to job creation and the revitalization of our communities, while enhancing our ability to share the thrill of horse-racing and cementing our place as an entertainment powerhouse.
We also take care of our PEOPLE. Here are some of the things we offer:
Full Group Benefits Plan
Discounts on Food
Ontario Attractions Discount
Opportunities for Advancement
Social Responsibility Initiatives
We need dedicated people to join our cause. Be part of Woodbine Entertainment and get inspired to make work awesome!
Our Values & Beliefs
| WOW EVERY GUEST | OWN IT! | LISTEN & CONNECT – PEOPLE MATTER | FUEL THE FUN & PASS IT ON | TRUST IN OUR TEAM | #WE CARE | PURSUE YOUR POTENTIAL |BE BOLD| BE ALL IN |
This position is a part-time role that will strongly support our Horse Person's Bookkeeper and our Racing team at Woodbine Mohawk Park. While possessing a strong knowledge of both the Incompass and Standardbred Canada cheque printing systems, the Assistant Horse Person’s Bookkeeper will support the Horse Person's Bookkeeper with printing all Woodbine Entertainment and Ontario Racing purse cheques according to weekly and monthly payment schedules.
Key Factors for your Success:
- Bookkeeping experience required
- Knowledge of horses, horse racing industry, AGCO rules of racing is an asset
- Strong interpersonal, communication, leadership, organization skills
- Strong financial acumen and understanding of accounting principals
- Ability to make decisions while considering several variables and outcomes in situations that are routine or unusual
- Ability to influence individuals to respect the rules and practices established by the company
- Detailed orientated
- Must possess a valid driver’s license
- Able to work evenings, weekends and holidays