Senior Manager, Fleet Operations and Services
For over 100 years, we have been the engine that drives the Ontario horse racing industry. From King’s and Queen’s trips to Canada, to first dates, anniversaries and unforgettable horse races, we create winning experiences for all our guests.
Join a certified Great Place to Work team and be part of the future of horse racing and entertainment. Access exciting programs that can help unlock your potential while developing challenging and rewarding career goals. As we grow, we need dedicated people to join our cause. Be part of Woodbine Entertainment and get inspired to make work awesome!
Our Values & Beliefs
| WOW EVERY GUEST | OWN IT! | LISTEN & CONNECT – PEOPLE MATTER | FUEL THE FUN & PASS IT ON | TRUST IN OUR TEAM | #WE CARE | PURSUE YOUR POTENTIAL |BE BOLD| BE ALL IN |
Reporting to the Director, Properties and Facilities , the Manager, Fleet Operations and Services would be responsible for maximizing equipment availability and reducing fleet management cost by making data-driven business decisions. The incumbent is expected to provide leadership to continuously improve all activities across equipment life cycle.
The difference you will make
- Effective and timely maintenance, servicing and repair of entire Woodbine Entertainment equipment fleet to minimize down time
- Developing, implementing, updating and enforcing fleet management best practices and procedures in consultation with all users and stakeholders
- Drive the equipment life cycle from buying to disposal to minimize total cost of ownership
- Develop, manage and update training material for all critical equipment users and mechanics to strengthen capability to conduct maintenance and repairs of vehicles
- Develop three-year maintenance plan with stakeholders for all key equipment.
- Coordinate, administer and monitor the maintenance, repair, replacement and logistics of company equipment.
- Develop, maintain and enforce daily inspections by operators (users) prior and after the use of all equipment.
- Manage the inventory of spare parts for all key equipment, in coordination with the Woodbine and Mohawk shops
- Conduct analysis of equipment and make recommendations for timely replacement to improve cost-efficiency.
- Control transfer and movement of vehicles between both locations as required by operations
- Provide recommendations for lowering vehicle-operating expenses and reducing idle time of vehicles
- Ensure all vehicle operation policies and systems are up to date and enforced within operations
- Maintain vehicle workshop to provide timely servicing/repairing of equipment
- Risk management i.e. regulatory, insurance, H&S
- Identifies continuous improvement initiatives
- Leadership and accountability for team of mechanics and technicians
- Effective stakeholder relations
- Accountable for day to day operations of Fleet Repair Shop(s) at all locations
Key Success Factors
- 3 to 5 years people management experience, preferably in a unionized environment
- 5-10 years experience in fleet management, including shop operations, specifically in agriculture or similar heavy/medium transportation equipment.
- Skilled on transportation equipment maintenance & techno commercial processes, IT systems and capabilities required for a small/medium size industry
- Excellent reporting and analytical capabilities to strategically assess operations and make strategic improvements
- Thorough understanding of all regulations and requirements related to Ministry of Transportation, Ministry of Environment and Ministry of Labour
- A valid G Driver’s License, a safe driving record, and ability to operate equipment in a safe manner