Player Service Supervisor
WEGZ Front of House
For over 100 years, we have been the engine that drives the Ontario horse racing industry. From King’s and Queen’s trips to Canada, to first dates, anniversaries and unforgettable horse races, we create winning experiences for all our guests.
Join a certified Great Place to Work team and be part of the future of horse racing and entertainment. Access exciting programs that can help unlock your potential while developing challenging and rewarding career goals. As we grow, we need dedicated people to join our cause. Be part of Woodbine Entertainment and get inspired to make work awesome!
Our Values & Beliefs
| WOW EVERY GUEST | OWN IT! | LISTEN & CONNECT – PEOPLE MATTER | FUEL THE FUN & PASS IT ON | TRUST IN OUR TEAM | #WE CARE | PURSUE YOUR POTENTIAL |BE BOLD| BE ALL IN |
The purpose of this position is to supervise a proactive team of Player Service Representatives to ensure the provision of professional, high quality, friendly and courteous assistance and services.
It is the responsibility of all Woodbine Entertainment employees to prevent the spread of COVID-19 by following all COVID-19 related policies, protocols and guidelines
Day to day responsibilities
- Effectively lead a team of Player Service Representatives and the delivery of face-to-face service and assistance to the organization's customers by providing motivation and direction such as assigning, prioritizing work, monitoring work performed, dealing with routine issues, scheduling of staff and other daily departmental activities.
- Assist in hiring process for front line staff
- Introduce new and inexperienced customers to wagering.
- Assist organizational staff with day to day customer and operational complaints / problems by researching issues, communicate with internal departments as well as customers and facilitate an appropriate resolution.
- Develop and maintain effective relationships with various departments and customers.
- Ensure that department service level objectives meet performance expectations.
- Create and maintain an environment that promotes positive communication within the department and the organization.
- Maintains guest focus at all times, assuming 100% responsibility for quality of experience
- Provide courteous, proactive and efficient service by greeting and engaging customers, responding to their wagering inquiries which includes but not limited to types of bets, betting tutorials, how to use self serve machines (terminals and TICO), HPI accounts, gift cards and cash cards.
- Proactively engages new customers providing assistance and instruction on how to place a bet
- Reconcile end of day sales and product tracking.
- Provide 1st level service on wagering equipment which includes replenishment of TICO cassettes and hoppers.
- Practices Responsible Alcohol Management at all times, rules of SMART SERVE ; professionally advising guests when alcohol consumption needs to be slowed down or discontinued for the balance of the visit
- Cleans and tidy’s all guest eating areas, including but not limited to; wiping tables, clearing dishes and cutlery, adjusting chair and table positions, sweeping mutual area to collect old tickets and debris.
- Presents all guests with food and beverage menus making specific recommendations regarding “Horse Player menu” and answering questions regarding items listed.
- Inventory control and distribution of all racing programs and Daily Racing Forms, including printing, sorting, distributing, selling, disposal and record keeping for internal use and on track customer sales
- Minimum 1 year service experience in a fast paced work environment
- Smart Serve Certification
- Must possess a positive attitude and work well with other team members
- Willing to follow direction and ask questions for clarification if needed
- Regular, predictable, and dependable attendance
- Outgoing, enthusiastic, energetic personality
- Strong interpersonal skills with the ability to work in a diverse working environment
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills
- Able to work well under pressure
- Able to deal with people sensitively, tactfully, diplomatically, and professionally at all times
- Professional appearance
- Strong work ethic and positive team attitude
- Able to listen effectively to benefit the customer
- Must have a pleasant and approachable attitude