Senior Marketing Manager
Marketing and Communications
For over 100 years, we have been the engine that drives the Ontario horse racing industry. From King’s and Queen’s trips to Canada, to first dates, anniversaries and unforgettable horse races, we create winning experiences for all our guests.
Join a certified Great Place to Work team and be part of the future of horse racing and entertainment. Access exciting programs that can help unlock your potential while developing challenging and rewarding career goals. As we grow, we need dedicated people to join our cause. Be part of Woodbine Entertainment and get inspired to make work awesome!
Our Values & Beliefs
| WOW EVERY GUEST | OWN IT! | LISTEN & CONNECT – PEOPLE MATTER | FUEL THE FUN & PASS IT ON | TRUST IN OUR TEAM | #WE CARE | PURSUE YOUR POTENTIAL |BE BOLD| BE ALL IN |
Woodbine Entertainment (WE) is on a journey to become a guest-centric Marketing powerhouse. We are building a team of Brand champions, who will aspire to ‘wow every guest’. The WE Marketing Team is accountable to develop and deliver innovative and effective marketing solutions to meet the organization’s strategic imperatives and launch a new breed of experience at Woodbine.
Reporting to the Marketing Director, this role will play the key role of driving year on year growth of Woodbine wagering both in existing and emerging markets. They will be responsible for managing a team of marketers that are responsible for supporting lines of business including the HPIbet.com betting platform and its promotional calendar, the Champions off-track wagering network in Ontario, promoting Woodbine racing products internationally, the development of Woodbine’s CRM and Loyalty strategy and finally supporting Woodbine’s newest innovation: Dark Horse Bets. This latter accountability is of critical importance, highlighting one of our biggest bets in bringing horse racing to new audiences in innovative ways.
Some key responsibilties
- Development of Dark Horse Bets customer engagement strategies and re-launch plan over the next 6 months to drive improved continued use and incremental wagering revenue to Woodbine
- Monitors and manages Dark Horse Bets online reputation with Communications team on app stores, working with operational teams to address and respond to any issues
- Develop media strategies to promote lines of business through traditional and digital channels as appropriate, but also work with Communications and Social teams to ensure a consistent and effective approach in social channels
- Ensure collaboration with social team to ensure positive online and social reputation of Woodbine accounts including HPIbet, Dark Horse Bets and Champions
- Coordinates and manages agency partners to execute marketing campaigns that deliver on the various line of business goals, including but not limited to acquisition, engagement, retention, and revenue
- Test and Optimize digital campaigns regularly (bi-weekly minimum) with the aid of agency partners to ensure campaigns are meeting line of business goals
- Oversees the development of campaign briefs and creative and is responsible for developing and approving effective creative in partnership with direct reports and the Creative Services team
- Approves and manages the execution of the HPIbet promotional calendar and Dark Horse Bets promotional tactics, ensuring post-analyses are reviewed in a timely manner and shared appropriately
- Identifies marketplace trends, tools and technologies to drive onsite and online acquisition, improve conversions and support the growth of the business
- Looks for customer insights from available analytical sources and communicate these metrics and insights effectively with Line of Business managers and business partners to turn these insights into business opportunities
- Contribute to the implementation of a new CRM platform into Woodbine systems, creating use cases for how CRM can be best used to drive meaningful business results.
- Leverage CRM and Marketing Automation in ways that will drive meaningful wagering growth: this includes, but is not limited to identifying key customer segments, mapping segmentation onto our databases, mapping key customer communication opportunities, and developing targeted relevant customer engagement programs.
Key Success Factors
- University or college degree/diploma in a field related to Business Administration, Marketing or the equivalent in education and/or experience.
- 7+ years progressive marketing experience in fast-paced, complex environment
- Experience launching and marketing a digital service application is preferred, especially in financial or gaming industries
- Advanced understanding of marketing strategy, tactics and planning
- Demonstrated ability to bring cross-functional groups together, set objectives and achieve goals without direct reporting authority
- Experience in successfully leveraging new and emerging social and digital channels to deliver business objectives and feed the customer acquisition funnel