EFP Camera Operator
Seasonal Full-time (Non-union)
Our rich history is a big part of who we are. With historic roots dating back over 135 years, Woodbine is steeped in tradition. We have been the engine that drives the Ontario horse racing industry, creating winning experiences for all our guests.
We are also currently on an amazing 20-year journey to ‘build a city within a city’ and transform the largest privately held land in Toronto into one of Canada’s premiere entertainment destinations. This journey will unlock the value of approximately 700 acres of land, leading to job creation and the revitalization of our communities, while enhancing our ability to share the thrill of horse-racing and cementing our place as an entertainment powerhouse.
We also take care of our PEOPLE. Here are some of the things we offer:
Full Group Benefits Plan
Discounts on Food
Ontario Attractions Discount
Opportunities for Advancement
Social Responsibility Initiatives
We need dedicated people to join our cause. Be part of Woodbine Entertainment and get inspired to make work awesome!
Our Values & Beliefs
| WOW EVERY GUEST | OWN IT! | LISTEN & CONNECT – PEOPLE MATTER | FUEL THE FUN & PASS IT ON | TRUST IN OUR TEAM | #WE CARE | PURSUE YOUR POTENTIAL |BE BOLD| BE ALL IN |
Reporting to the Manager, Video Production, the EFP Camera Operator will be responsible for HD and 4K digital field camera operation, including: lighting setups, assisting with the technical production of recorded material and the setup and maintenance of both a physical and digital audio-visual library and all EFP related equipment for the Woodbine Entertainment Group (WEG). Some live-to-air production and/or camera work will also be required.
· Shooting on Sony XDCAM, Sony FS7, Sony FX6 and A7Siii including pre-production planning and lighting for features, promotions, network television and social media
· Logging shoot tapes and /or digital files for edit sessions and archival. Entering information into the Video Database Systems.
· Equipment setup for audio-visual presentations and special events
· Digital media and tape library administration.
· Video dubbing and file transfer for all external and internal requests
· Voice over audio recording and transfer of files to edit suites
· HD and 4K digital field camera operation using Sony XDCAM, Sony FS7, Sony FX6 and A7Siii
· Use of various camera rigs and attachments for Go-Pro and operational knowledge of the DJI RS3Pro Gimbal
· Drone operational knowledge is an asset
· A keen eye for exceptional shot composition, framing and shooting standards
· Professional lighting techniques and skills for interviews and features
· Audio field recording
· Shooting for editing
· Sony Video Vegas editing software
· Working knowledge of Premiere editing software is an asset
· Audacity audio recording program
· Ability to cope in a high-pressure environment
· Excellent Organizational skills are required
· Very strong verbal communication and interpersonal skills
· Adaptable with ability to multi-task in a fast paced environment
· Self-motived and able to work on projects independently
· Ability to think bold and creatively
· Ability to work alone and as a team member
· Willingness to succeed and to embrace change and growth
Education and Experience
· University or college degree/diploma in Media, Television and/or Broadcasting, or the equivalent in experience
· Experience with EFP camera operation
· Normal office environment where there is little physical discomfort due to temperature, dust, noise and the like.
· Moderate to high stress dealing with cross-functional teams, external clients, deadlines and the customers
· Flexibility to work nights, weekends and holiday, as required
· Frequent bending, carrying, lifting, pulling, pushing and reaching/crouching
· Regular interruptions, multiple demands and time pressure
· Valid G license and a vehicle to travel to multi-location WEG properties and feature locations within Ontario
This job description indicates the general nature and level of work expected of the incumbent. It is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities required of the incumbent. Incumbent may be asked to perform other duties as required.