Operations Audits and Controls Associate
Our rich history is a big part of who we are. With historic roots dating back over 135 years, Woodbine is steeped in tradition. We have been the engine that drives the Ontario horse racing industry, creating winning experiences for all our guests.
We are also currently on an amazing 20-year journey to ‘build a city within a city’ and transform the largest privately held land in Toronto into one of Canada’s premiere entertainment destinations. This journey will unlock the value of approximately 700 acres of land, leading to job creation and the revitalization of our communities, while enhancing our ability to share the thrill of horse-racing and cementing our place as an entertainment powerhouse.
We also take care of our PEOPLE. Here are some of the things we offer:
Full Group Benefits Plan
Discounts on Food
Ontario Attractions Discount
Opportunities for Advancement
Social Responsibility Initiatives
We need dedicated people to join our cause. Be part of Woodbine Entertainment and get inspired to make work awesome!
Our Values & Beliefs
| WOW EVERY GUEST | OWN IT! | LISTEN & CONNECT – PEOPLE MATTER | FUEL THE FUN & PASS IT ON | TRUST IN OUR TEAM | #WE CARE | PURSUE YOUR POTENTIAL |BE BOLD| BE ALL IN |
As an associate in the Operations Administration Planning and Analysis team, you, our Operations Audits and Controls Associate, will be responsible for all audits related to operations, provide support to departmental managers related to systems work, preventative maintenance and other tasks as needed, and assist with ongoing projects. You will maintain a mindset of continuous improvement, in collaboration with other departments, to ensure all practices are efficient and standardized across all operations departments. You will work with the Operations Administration Planning and Analysis team to establish a collaborative working environment, ongoing cross training among team members and ensure well documented procedures. This will lead to increased internal customer satisfaction through clarity of processes, improved data and reporting, and better business decision making.
· Complete daily audits for Food and Beverage, Gift Shop, Cash Advance, Lottery, Programs and Teller Shortages for both Woodbine and Mohawk Park sites.
· Co-ordinate all related paperwork for the various audits and ensure the appropriate Finance employees receive the completed audits on time and in line with month end deadlines.
· Calculate employee daily dollar overages/shortages, record them in the tracking log and provide the details to the respective managers to follow up for collection.
· Ensure weekly Food and Beverage gratuities are properly calculated and uploaded into Kronos Dimensions (Payroll system) on time for weekly payroll processing.
· Provide support with month end Food and Beverage inventory for Woodbine and Mohawk Park.
· Provide support to departmental managers related to systems work, co-ordinating vendors for maintenance calls and other tasks as needed.
· Assist the Operations Planning Analysis and Controls Manager with ongoing projects as needed.
· Cross train with other team members in the Operations Administration Planning and Analysis group to ensure overall understanding of all areas of the team, how your role integrates within the team and create redundancy of knowledge.
· Lead by example to exhibit, encourage and motivate WEG’s Values and Beliefs.
Key Success Factors
· University or college degree/diploma in a field related to Business Administration, Finance and/or the equivalent in education and experience.
· Minimum of two (2) years experience in roles that provide support to multiple departments and collaborates cross-functionally with other team members
· Experience working in a highly collaborative team to ensure independent and team success
· Working knowledge in MS Office (Excel, Word), payroll systems (preferably Kronos Dimensions)
· Working knowledge of accounting as it applies to the daily reconciliation audit work
· Excellent communication, interpersonal and organizational skills required to interact with various levels of management within Operations and supporting departments such as People Experience, Information Technology, and Finance
· Ability to independently problem solve and know when to seek advice and input