Marketing and Communications
For over 100 years, we have been the engine that drives the Ontario horse racing industry. From King’s and Queen’s trips to Canada, to first dates, anniversaries and unforgettable horse races, we create winning experiences for all our guests.
Join a certified Great Place to Work team and be part of the future of horse racing and entertainment. Access exciting programs that can help unlock your potential while developing challenging and rewarding career goals. As we grow, we need dedicated people to join our cause. Be part of Woodbine Entertainment and get inspired to make work awesome!
Our Values & Beliefs
| WOW EVERY GUEST | OWN IT! | LISTEN & CONNECT – PEOPLE MATTER | FUEL THE FUN & PASS IT ON | TRUST IN OUR TEAM | #WE CARE | PURSUE YOUR POTENTIAL |BE BOLD| BE ALL IN |
Reporting to the Manager, Communications, the Specialist, Communications will provide communications support for corporate and racing communications. As key member of the communications team, they will contribute in all areas including media monitoring, media relations, editorial planning and execution, writing of press releases and newsletters, internal communications, online reputation management, generating media reports and event communications.
The difference you will make
- Lead by example, to exhibit, encourage and motivate WEG’s Values and Beliefs
- Create engaging and informative content for internal employee communication, including email, newsletters, and Woodbine’s intranet site
- Monitor media coverage and social media and create media reports as required
- Provide coverage for racing cards at both Woodbine and Woodbine Mohawk Park
- Write stake previews, stakes recaps, feature stories, news releases, industry updates, etc.
- Identify opportunities to use existing and new media to expand communication outreach with stakeholders
- Maintain and expand targeted media lists
- Perform proactive media outreach for racing and other corporate initiatives
- Monitor and respond to online reviews
- Work with senior leaders on projects and other employee-based initiatives to enhance communication by coordinating meetings, note taking and analytics tracking
- Ensure internal communications messages are consistent across all mediums and platforms
- Support the writing and distribution of internal communication materials
- Manage internal web portal
- Other duties as assigned
Key Success Factors
- Graduate of a University or College degree/diploma program in a field related to Corporate Communication and/or Marketing, Journalism, Public Relations or the equivalent
- Horse racing knowledge is required
- Experience writing press releases, blogs, and other forms of communications
- Highly organized, detailed orientated
- Outstanding written, verbal and visual communications skills and ability to convey messages clearly and persuasively
- Passionate about communications, events and the horse racing industry
- Willing to travel to other locations throughout the Greater Toronto Area
- Proficient in the Microsoft Office / Adobe Suite and familiarity with online content management systems
- Ability to manage priorities and objectives
- Exceptional collaborative skills necessary to interact effectively and influence decisions
- A flexible schedule and able to work weekends, evenings and / or major race dates.