Hospitality Strategic Sourcing Specialist
Our rich history is a big part of who we are. With historic roots dating back over 135 years, Woodbine is steeped in tradition. We have been the engine that drives the Ontario horse racing industry, creating winning experiences for all our guests.
We are also currently on an amazing 20-year journey to ‘build a city within a city’ and transform the largest privately held land in Toronto into one of Canada’s premiere entertainment destinations. This journey will unlock the value of approximately 700 acres of land, leading to job creation and the revitalization of our communities, while enhancing our ability to share the thrill of horse-racing and cementing our place as an entertainment powerhouse.
We also take care of our PEOPLE. Here are some of the things we offer:
Full Group Benefits Plan
Discounts on Food
Ontario Attractions Discount
Opportunities for Advancement
Social Responsibility Initiatives
We need dedicated people to join our cause. Be part of Woodbine Entertainment and get inspired to make work awesome!
Our Values & Beliefs
| WOW EVERY GUEST | OWN IT! | LISTEN & CONNECT – PEOPLE MATTER | FUEL THE FUN & PASS IT ON | TRUST IN OUR TEAM | #WE CARE | PURSUE YOUR POTENTIAL |BE BOLD| BE ALL IN |
Reporting to the Manager, Procurement, this position’s primary responsibility is the procurement of goods, services, and equipment for specific categories on behalf of client departments ensuring cost effective means and the use of strategic sourcing strategies.
· Fulfill all duties following proper process and procedure, carry out all duties in compliance with WEG’s Purchasing Policy.
· Responsible for the cost-effective procurement of the assigned department and categories
· Proactively lead the implementation of procurement initiatives and develop structured and strategic approaches to the assigned categories in alignment with the overall departmental and Woodbine strategies
· Develop reports and provide analysis aimed at identifying opportunities for continuous improvement for both spend and for procurement processes
· Issue RFx and Competitive Bidding documents to vendors and manage the RFx process, including evaluation and award recommendation upon request
· Obtain quotations, proposals, and other price offerings from vendors. Organize information and conduct comparative analysis between vendors. Present analysis to client departments upon request – escalated unfamiliar situations to the manager
· Proactively and independently conduct market research to identify sourcing opportunities on behalf of client departments
· Proactively establish and manage relationships with internal stakeholders and vendors. Promote the Procurement Department’s services within the company. Act as the 1st point of contact between user and vendors from RFx to problem-solving
· Utilize Woodbine’s computerized purchasing system to create and process purchase requisitions and purchase orders. Includes placement of orders, expediting, receiving, and investigating discrepancies as required
· Strong knowledge of purchasing principles and practices
· Intermediate knowledge of computerized systems
· Proficient with computer software applications in a Windows environment, including MS Outlook, Excel, and Word.
· Strong written/oral communication, and excellent interpersonal skills are required to interact effectively and professionally with WEG departments and vendors
· Management, organization, analytical, and time management abilities
· Ability to maintain high levels of confidentiality
· Ability to coach, lead, and mentor procurement staff members
· Ability to establish and maintain cooperative and constructive working relationships with internal and external key stakeholders
Education and Experience
· Minimum High school diploma
· Completion of a procurement specific designation such as CSCMP, or equivalent, would be an asset
· Minimum of five (5) years purchasing specific work experience