· Ensure that all foods are handled and stored safely according with the established health codes and standards set out by the Executive Chef
· Review the daily production sheets and determine quantities and production schedule to prepare the necessary food items in accordance with established standards
· Adhere to all Woodbine Entertainment Group standard recipes in order to maintain consistency and ensure all standards are met and followed
· Ensure that advance mis en place is completed in a timely fashion to ensure there is no disruption to the working of the kitchen
· Complete mis en place checklists
· Responsible for station cleanliness and organization including fridges/freezers, countertops and stove tops
· Responsible for colleague and apprentice station training
· Responsible for leaving instructions for next shift
· Required to have good communication with the kitchen management team
· Responsible for the day to day operations of his/her station
· Will operate all kitchen equipment and conduct themselves with safety in mind at all times
· Required to report any and all discrepancies in relation to check procedures, equipment functionality and quality of base food product to the kitchen managers in a timely fashion
· Assist and advise all supervised positions of established standards and procedures set out by Woodbine Entertainment Group and the department
· Complete other job related duties as assigned by the chef in charge
· Ensures that he/she works safely and in accordance of the Hotel’s Health & Safety Policy, and ensures all Local and Hotel Food Hygiene procedures and practices are followed during his/her shift.
· Be an example of Woodbine Entertainment Group’s core values in interactions with guests and colleagues.
· Produce excellent quality food items by following established procedures for food production as set by Chefs and Executive Chef.
· Organize a work plan and assign work to colleagues when necessary. Make a mise en place list and set up next day’s shift for success.
· Set the pace for efficient production of mise en place and efficient execution of banquet events and production of a la carte orders in the outlets.
· Follows Menu Item worksheets with accurate ingredient lists, preparation methods and pictures for all menu items.
· Demonstrate correct cooking techniques and methods competently to Apprentices and students as part of on the job training.
· Ensure that proper food rotation practices are in place, wastage is minimized by proper food storage procedures. Ensures fridge temperatures are recorded.
· Communicate in a timely manner with the Sous Chefs any food items that need to be ordered.
· Assist the Colleague experience through teamwork and a positive manner.
· Ensure the Kitchen fridges and walk ins are clean and organized.
· Communicate to the Chefs any equipment maintenance needs. .
· Cooperate with Outlet & Banquet Managers & front of house service staff to ensure smooth event & meal period execution.
· Ensure that food for the Staff Cafeteria is of high quality and cost effective
· 3 - 5 years of job related experience
· Proven communication and interpersonal skills.
· Availability to work evenings and weekends
· Take responsibility for their own actions
· Have the ability to delegate to subordinates
· Have the ability to communicate clearly, written or verbally to subordinates
· Show good work ethic to fellow employees, working in a clean/safe environment and a timely manner
· Be able to make decisions in the absence of a chef, when time does not allow for a wait