For over 100 years, we have been the engine that drives the Ontario horse racing industry. From King’s and Queen’s trips to Canada, to first dates, anniversaries and unforgettable horse races, we create winning experiences for all our guests.
Join a certified Great Place to Work team and be part of the future of horse racing and entertainment. Access exciting programs that can help unlock your potential while developing challenging and rewarding career goals. As we grow, we need dedicated people to join our cause. Be part of Woodbine Entertainment and get inspired to make work awesome!
Our Values & Beliefs
| WOW EVERY GUEST | OWN IT! | LISTEN & CONNECT – PEOPLE MATTER | FUEL THE FUN & PASS IT ON | TRUST IN OUR TEAM | #WE CARE | PURSUE YOUR POTENTIAL |BE BOLD| BE ALL IN |
Reporting to the Supervisor of Property Services, the Building Operator assists with the up keep and repairs to the Grandstand building. The successful candidate will perform electrical repairs to existing installations at 120 VAC and troubleshoot up to 240 VAC - including changing ballasts, light switches, outlets, sockets, light fixtures. They will also perform routine fire alarm tests, diesel generator test, and complete routine maintenance on all pumps, motors and other related equipment. They will also troubleshoot and repair plumping problems as they arise in all of our washroom facilities and help maintain our HVAC system.
What are we looking for:
- Grade 12 diploma or equivalent
- Minimum 2 years related experience in general building maintenance & operations
- 4th Class Stationary Engineer or Class “B” Refrigeration Operator
- Solid understanding of HVAC equipment, refrigeration, mechanical, plumbing and related plant equipment and systems.
- Sound mechanical knowledge
- Solid understanding of WHMIS and Health and Safety Procedures
- Must have and maintain a valid Ontario driver’s license “G” or “G2”.
- Must have and maintain a valid ORC and/or AGCO license as required.
- Able to understand, read, write and converse effectively in English.
- Available for shift work, weekends, holidays.
- Able to lift up to 50 lbs