Assistant Manager, Hospitality Quick Service
For over 100 years, we have been the engine that drives the Ontario horse racing industry. From King’s and Queen’s trips to Canada, to first dates, anniversaries and unforgettable horse races, we create winning experiences for all our guests.
Join a certified Great Place to Work team and be part of the future of horse racing and entertainment. Access exciting programs that can help unlock your potential while developing challenging and rewarding career goals. As we grow, we need dedicated people to join our cause. Be part of Woodbine Entertainment and get inspired to make work awesome!
Our Values & Beliefs
| WOW EVERY GUEST | OWN IT! | LISTEN & CONNECT – PEOPLE MATTER | FUEL THE FUN & PASS IT ON | TRUST IN OUR TEAM | #WE CARE | PURSUE YOUR POTENTIAL |BE BOLD| BE ALL IN |
Reporting to the Manager, Hospitality Outlets, this position is responsible in executing the departments’ daily, weekly and monthly operating plan and provides coaching and support to Supervisors and front-line team members.
As a Service leader in the Woodbine Hospitality Department, the Assistant Manager leads and assists the Manager in overseeing the business and provides support to Supervisors and team Members to operate in a manner consistent with established departmental policies and procedures.
The scope of responsibility will vary based on the outlet(s) and the Assistant Manager will assist the Manager with the need to develop and implement innovative programs, operational processes and procedures that reduce short- and long-term operating costs and increase sales and profitability. As well as as ensuring day to day operational excellence and supporting the team members to ensure we are delivering winning experiences to our guests and leading in a manner that’s consistent with the company’s values and beliefs.
Key Responsibilities of this role include, but are not limited to:
- Collect and organize daily administrative duties and ensure that all daily responsibilities are carried out by Supervisors & Team Captains
- Organize and manage the overall staffing schedule templates
- Creation of weekly schedules within the approved labour budget
- Review and approve weekly payroll through the time and attendance system
- Assist the Manager in addressing and investigating any employee issues such as performance management, attendance management, grievances, disciplinary outcomes, etc. of all team members
- Train, coach and assist Supervisors in all aspects of the operation to ensure that peak periods (i.e. meal period) runs flawlessly.
- Assist the Manger in developing individual Supervisor 30.60.90-day plans to provide direction and key tasks to achieve, which help improve the overall service and culinary offerings within the Hospitality business
What are we looking for:
- Minimum grade 12 education
- Recognized course in Hotel / Restaurant Administration / Management
- 3-4 years practical experience in managing a multi unit F & B operation
- Experience with PC network and associated business software an asset
- Sound knowledge of electronic POS, Labour & F&B Inventory systems
- Certified in WHMIS, Food Handler & Smart Serve
- Experience managing people required. Experience in a senior role preferred
- Work evening and weekends is required due to operational demands
- Some travel required between various WEG locations / sites