Facility Operations Supervisor/Chief Engineer
Reporting to the Manager, Mechanical, Electrical and Systems (Woodbine), the purpose of this position is responsible for the operation and maintenance mechanical, electrical, including emergency generators, high- or low-pressure heating and refrigeration plant; to provide a safe and reliable operation. The goal of this role will be to contribute to a safe, compliant, and efficient operation that meets regulatory and stakeholder requirements. This will be done by conducting inspections routine and non-routine maintenance, along with monitoring operations in accordance with technical and safety regulations.
- Day to day operations of plant or facility equipment including BAS, CMMS, High Voltage, HVAC, Life safety at the Woodbine, Greenwood and WEGZ sites to ensure compliance with TSSA, various safety rules and regulations.
- Plan, schedule and supervise the operation and maintenance of central and other refrigeration equipment.
- Plan, schedule and supervise the periodic inspection, adjustment, calibration, or maintenance of heating and refrigeration plant control equipment.
- Develop work schedules and inspection routines of the stationary engineers/refrigeration operators on staff for compliance with regulatory technical and safety codes.
- Schedule and supervise the testing of boiler water, condensate cooling, water systems, and the use of corrective chemicals or other additives.
- Prepare for and assist in annual inspections of related equipment to ensure operation, maintenance, and repair standards are met.
- Maintain logs and documentation related to plant operation.
- Order supplies and recommends equipment modifications or replacements.
- Manage own priorities and objectives and manage the progress of the Supervisor, '
- Infrastructure Operations & Maintenance, including conducting performance management reviews and work planning.
- Exhibit and demonstrate the core values of Respect, Integrity, Accountability and excellence.
- Plan, schedule and supervise the operation and maintenance.
· Advanced knowledge of HVAC systems, heating equipment and systems, Building Automation System, CMMS, fire suppression systems, electrical infrastructure, emergency generator systems.
· Demonstrated knowledge of the Occupational Health and Safety Act, Human Rights Code, and any other relevant legislation.
· Knowledge of work order system business processes with knowledge of CMMS systems.
· Demonstrated knowledge of advanced technical facilities and plant equipment.
· Requires the ability to perform routine and emergency equipment and instrumentation repairs.
· Requires troubleshooting skills to identify and resolve malfunctions.
· Requires the ability to plan and organize work schedules to maintain standards of service on a 24/7 shift schedule.
· Requires high motivation, resourcefulness, reliability, and good communication skills.
· Leadership skills necessary to motivate, coach, develop ,evaluate employees, as well as facilitate and resolve conflicts.
· Ability to maintain internal relationships and conflict.
· Knowledge of planning, organizing, and coordinating skills using a collaborative, team-oriented approach including problem solving and conflict resolution.
Education and Experience
· Minimum 5 years experience with proven responsibility overseeing mechanical, electrical and environmental systems.
· Operating Engineer Certificate OR Class A/B Refrigeration Operator Certificate.
· Post-secondary education in Planning, Engineering, Architecture, Facilities, Construction or a suitable equivalent combination of education and experience.
· Requires working in boiler and industrial equipment rooms, utility areas, access openings, and sometimes outside.
· Requires risk of exposure to dirt, lubricants, cold, heat, steam, noise, electricity, and mechanical parts. Requires frequent walking and standing to inspect and monitor equipment.
· Requires wearing personal protective equipment.
· Requires working some evenings and weekends, responding to emergencies on 24/7 basis.
· Cell phone, computer provided