For over 100 years, we have been the engine that drives the Ontario horse racing industry. From King’s and Queen’s trips to Canada, to first dates, anniversaries and unforgettable horse races, we create winning experiences for all our guests.
Join a certified Great Place to Work team and be part of the future of horse racing and entertainment. Access exciting programs that can help unlock your potential while developing challenging and rewarding career goals. As we grow, we need dedicated people to join our cause. Be part of Woodbine Entertainment and get inspired to make work awesome!
Our Values & Beliefs
| WOW EVERY GUEST | OWN IT! | LISTEN & CONNECT – PEOPLE MATTER | FUEL THE FUN & PASS IT ON | TRUST IN OUR TEAM | #WE CARE | PURSUE YOUR POTENTIAL |BE BOLD| BE ALL IN |
Reporting to the Controller, Finance, the Manager, Treasury will be responsible for providing leadership and technical direction to the Treasury, Payment Card, and Accounts Receivable staff (Cash Management Team). In addition, the individual is responsible for providing cash management support, including but not limited to, new product recommendations, technical guidance, regulatory direction, managing contract renewals, and liaising between the Woodbine Entertainment Group department heads and the external cash management service providers.
- Lead all corporate Receivable functions including: accurate and timely invoicing, prompt payment applications, the driving of collection efforts, and liaising with customers to •address inquiries
- Lead the month-end accounting close processes for the cash management department including closure of the A/R sub ledger, approval of journal entries, validation of monthly revenues, A/R aging analysis & reporting for management, as well as the preparation & approval of monthly general ledger account reconciliations
- Manage corporate funds through validating deposits, monitoring corporate accounts for fraudulent activity, forecasting daily idle cash for investing, assessing risk and profitability of investment vehicles, and monitoring money market rates/trends for optimal investment opportunities
- Manage the corporate credit and debit card payment process through providing both technical and regulatory direction to department heads as well as developing, implementing, and enforcing internal and external policies, procedures, and best practices
- Provide cash management services and equipment recommendations to the WEG Operational Departments
- Oversee corporate foreign exchange transactions including the determination of purchasing requirements, researching optimal rate opportunities, liaising with foreign exchange vendors, and establishing internal exchange rates based on market indicators
- Oversee Corporate letters of credit (LCs) including facilitating the execution of solicited LCs, validating monthly fees, and managing the renewal process
- Liaise with financial institutions, payment card processor & cash management vendors to trouble shoot, manage resolutions, and lead the RFP (request for proposal) and negotiation process for product and support services
- Proactively review new banking and investment products/opportunities and provide recommendations to senior Finance and operational management teams
- Subject matter expert responsible for providing direction and education to the Corporation related to cash management service provider regulations including financial institutions, payment card processors and ABM processors as well as managing and implementing control processes within the Cash Management departmental processes
- Responsible for the maintenance & coordination of all other critical corporate banking information and processes including but not limited to signatories, banking resolutions, Corporate Credit, on-line banking services etc.
- Create a workplace culture that is consistent with the overall organization’s and that emphasizes the guiding principles and values of the organization
- Lead the annual goal setting and performance evaluation process for the Cash Management department
- As the Corporate treasury subject matter expert, participate in special projects as required
- Support and backfill time-sensitive Cash Management tasks during staff absences
Key Success Factors
- University or college degree/diploma in a field related to Accounting, Business Administration and/or the equivalent in education and experience
- An accounting designation is preferred, but not required
- Minimum of eight (8) years of experience in accounting at a multi-departmental organization
- Minimum of three (3) years of Cash & Accounts Receivable Management experience
- Experience in a medium to large, multi-departmental organization is an asset
- Advanced knowledge of end-to-end accounts receivable close processes & ERP Accounting Software (Microsoft Dynamics 365 preferred)
- Advanced knowledge of credit and debit transaction regulations including PCI DSS (Payment Card Industry Data Security Standard) and Anti-Money Laundering (AML).
- General knowledge of electronic banking systems and credit card settlement processes