Temporary Full-time (non-union)
For over 100 years, we have been the engine that drives the Ontario horse racing industry. From King’s and Queen’s trips to Canada, to first dates, anniversaries and unforgettable horse races, we create winning experiences for all our guests.
Join a certified Great Place to Work team and be part of the future of horse racing and entertainment. Access exciting programs that can help unlock your potential while developing challenging and rewarding career goals. As we grow, we need dedicated people to join our cause. Be part of Woodbine Entertainment and get inspired to make work awesome!
Our Values & Beliefs
| WOW EVERY GUEST | OWN IT! | LISTEN & CONNECT – PEOPLE MATTER | FUEL THE FUN & PASS IT ON | TRUST IN OUR TEAM | #WE CARE | PURSUE YOUR POTENTIAL |BE BOLD| BE ALL IN |
Date posted: March 11, 2020
Number of vacancies: 1
Woodbine Entertainment is currently looking for a customer-focused Sous Chef that is committed to providing our guests with winning experiences!
This position is extremely important to Woodbine’s success. Our Sous Chefs are key Brand Ambassadors! By working together with our team members, you will exceed our guests’ expectations each and every time and most importantly, have fun while doing so.
The purpose of this job is to ensure consistency, superior quality and efficiency in the production and presentation of all food products while also training, developing and motivating the kitchen team to consistently uphold and deliver quality and performance standards.
What you'll do:
- Ensure overall cleanliness and efficiency of kitchen operation
- Deliver quality production and food presentation at all times
- Oversee preparation to ensure quality and timeliness of food delivery
- Maintain portion control and maximize product utilization
- Use safe food handling and sanitary preparation for all food items
- Manage food line for efficient flow and volume during meal service
- Assist in planning of new menus, production and implementation
- Train kitchen staff in food preparation, presentation and equipment operation to company quality and performance standards
- Provide ongoing guidance, coaching and feedback to develop employee skills, productivity and teamwork
- Demonstrate and model professionalism, courtesy and respect for customers in all front of house situations
- Ensure WHMIS rules and regulations are followed at all times. Communicate and uphold company policies, regulations and performance standards. Uphold and enforce compliance with employee uniform and grooming standards at all times
What are we looking for:
- Sound knowledge of all food preparation
- Basic Understanding and working knowledge of PC Applications
- Current safe food handling certification
- Solid understanding of all cost control areas
- Solid understanding of Health and Safety issues Skills
- General to advanced communication, interpersonal and organizational skills are required to interact effectively with all levels of staff and communicate ideas and concepts effectively
- General to advanced organizational and time management skills
- General leadership and influencing skills