Contract Administrator Project Manager
Who we are
At Woodbine we are currently on an amazing 20-year journey to ‘build a city within a city’ and transform the largest privately held land in Toronto into one of Canada’s premiere entertainment destinations. This journey will unlock the value of approximately 700 acres of land, leading to job creation and the revitalization of our communities, while enhancing our ability to share the thrill of horse-racing and cementing our place as an entertainment powerhouse.
Our rich history also defines us. With historic roots dating back over 135 years, Woodbine is steeped in tradition. We have been the engine that drives the Ontario horse racing industry. From King’s and Queen’s trips to Canada, to first dates, anniversaries and unforgettable horse races, we have been creating winning experiences for all our guests.
We are also a certified Great Place to Work! Access exciting programs that can help unlock your potential while developing challenging and rewarding career goals. As we grow, we need dedicated people to join our cause. Be part of Woodbine Entertainment and get inspired to make work awesome!
Our Values & Beliefs
| WOW EVERY GUEST | OWN IT! | LISTEN & CONNECT – PEOPLE MATTER | FUEL THE FUN & PASS IT ON | TRUST IN OUR TEAM | #WE CARE | PURSUE YOUR POTENTIAL |BE BOLD| BE ALL IN |
Woodbine Entertainment has an exciting opportunity to join the Project Management Office (PMO) in the role of a Contract Administrator/Project Manager (CAPM). Reporting directly to the VP, PMO, the successful candidate will thrive in a matrix-oriented environment working on primarily land development projects (along with operations projects from time to time) at its 2 main locations (555 Rexdale Toronto and 9430 Guelph Line, Campbellville). As a Contract Administrator/Project Manager you will collaborate with WEG’s Project Managers and Resident Engineer with reviewing contractor submittals; developing plans to resolve site issues; producing communications and reports; coordinating with contractor field staff and External agencies; construction monitoring; walkthroughs with contractor at handover to ensure deficiencies are resolved to WEG’s Quality Standards; and reviewing of handover documentations (certification letters, As-Builts; deficiency resolution reports etc) to ensure compliance prior to final acceptance. This is an excellent opportunity to be part of a growing hands on team and work on a variety of land development, engineering and architectural projects from initiation through to closure.
As a Contract Administrator/Project Manager, you will be responsible for the following duties:
· Review Contractor Submittals, including: Traffic Management Plans; Construction Staging Plans; Construction Schedules; Health and Safety Plans; Quality Assurance and Control Plans; Work Plans; RFIs; Shop Drawings; Permits.
· Ensure WEG’s Quality Standards have been accounted for in Contractor’s QA/QC Plans.
· At Substantial Completion, walk-through with Contractor to ensure deficiencies are recorded; schedules for deficiency resolution are produced; and deficiencies are resolved to WEG’s Quality standard.
· Review handover documentation, including: engineer certifications; As-Builts; deficiency reports to ensure compliance with the Construction contract and WEG’s standards.
· Monitor construction activities on site. Raise issues that may impact WEG’s assets and/or safety of workers, guests and employees to the contractor for immediate resolution.
· Monitor schedule and create plan with WEG’s PM and Resident Engineer to oversee and record (via photos, notes) progress on critical activities.
· Provide input to Resident Engineer’s Weekly Construction journal to ensure on-site activities are documented.
· Coordinate with Contractor for access to their site for WEG staff, Consultants and Contractors from time to time.
· Coordinate with Eternal Agencies (City, MOL, TRCA, Utility Companies) who require access to, and want to perform work on WEG’s site.
· Ensure all parties performing work on WEG’s site adhere to WEG’s construction and operational protocols, including but not limited to safety and horse racing/training schedules.
· Create plans for WEG’s contractors to perform work on Contractor’s site, considering all applicable codes and standards, including MOL requirements. Coordinate approval of these plans with the Contractor prior to work commencing.
· Attend meetings with Contractor site-staff.
· Attend meetings with internal WEG Stakeholders to inform them of construction activities, operational impacts etc.
· Review designs and provide technical comments as required.
· Review Change Orders and Claims when required to provide technical and costing input.
· Perform quantity take-offs and construction estimation as required.
· Chair meetings as required.
· Prepare meeting minutes as required.
· Review and comment on contractor and sub-contractor tender submissions as required.
· Prepare communications, markups, sketches to explain complex technical issues to WEG Stakeholders.
Key Success Factors
- A university degree in Civil Engineering.
- P.Eng. is required.
- PMP is preferred but not required.
- 5-10 years’ experience in Contract Administration.
- 3+ years’ experience in Project Management.
- Proven knowledge of and experience with local Municipal and Provincial Standards including: City of Toronto; City of Etobicoke; and MTO is required.
- Proven experience on large civil and municipal engineering projects, with specific experience on roads and underground services.
- Previous experience on Transit projects is beneficial.
- Previous experience with CCDC Contracts is required. Familiarity with OAA Contracts would be an asset.
- Must be a proactive, self-starting, detail oriented individual with strong interpersonal and organizational skills.
- Excellent English language both written and verbal communications skills are essential.
- Proficient use of Microsoft Suite.
- Proficient use of AutoCAD, Bluebeam and Adobe Acrobat including the ability to produce markups to explain complicated technical issues
- Previous experience with document management software would be of benefit such as Aconex, Project Wise, Procore or Contract Management 14.
- Demonstrated problem-solving abilities.
- Ability to prioritize competing demands for your time in a fast-paced work environment.
- Commitment to excellence and high standards.
- Ability to work independently or with minimum supervision and take initiative.
- Able to manage priorities and workflow.
- A valid G class driver’s license is required as infrequent travel will be required between WEG’s main 2 locations.
- No prior knowledge of the horse racing industry is required.