Manager, Social Media & Content
Marketing and Communications
For over 100 years, we have been the engine that drives the Ontario horse racing industry. From King’s and Queen’s trips to Canada, to first dates, anniversaries and unforgettable horse races, we create winning experiences for all our guests.
Join a certified Great Place to Work team and be part of the future of horse racing and entertainment. Access exciting programs that can help unlock your potential while developing challenging and rewarding career goals. As we grow, we need dedicated people to join our cause. Be part of Woodbine Entertainment and get inspired to make work awesome!
Our Values & Beliefs
| WOW EVERY GUEST | OWN IT! | LISTEN & CONNECT – PEOPLE MATTER | FUEL THE FUN & PASS IT ON | TRUST IN OUR TEAM | #WE CARE | PURSUE YOUR POTENTIAL |BE BOLD| BE ALL IN |
What we are looking for
We are on a mission to be a guest-centric marketing powerhouse! Woodbine Entertainment is looking for a highly creative and ambitious content marketer who lives and breathes social media, is overly collaborative and driven by success. WE are looking for the perfect candidate who brings fresh ideas daily, has the talent and work ethic to bring those ideas to live, and sees opportunity in any challenge.
Is that you? If so, as Woodbine Entertainment's Manager of Social Media and Content, you will promote the sport of horse racing and our many entertainment offerings, grow our global social media presence, build our brand and drive our strategic corporate objectives through compelling and engaging content across all our digital properties and social media channels.
The difference you will make
- Drive corporate business objectives through social media and compelling content.
- Build the Woodbine Entertainment brand through community management, reputation management and creative content production and distribution.
- Grow Woodbine’s social media audiences across existing platforms and develop new or evolving digital platforms (as required).
- Identify strategic content partnership opportunities to reach new audiences.
- Lead the social media team that conceptualizes and creates original, made-for-social content using graphic design, motion animation, and illustration
- Lead the social media team that generates live coverage of all Woodbine programming and events, both on and off-track including racing, food and beverage, community citizenship, and social event initiatives.
- Lead the social media team’s development and execution of social media influencer programming in order to generate genuine and authentic earned media coverage and reach new audiences.
- Collaborate with other business functions to create innovative and highly-integrated social programming, content or initiatives to further company-wide promotions at on and off-track events and deliver successful partnership experiences.
- Continuously improve by capturing and analyzing appropriate data, metrics, insights and best practices.
Key Success Factors
- University or College degree/diploma in a field related to Marketing/Communications/Public Relations or the equivalent in education and experience
- Minimum five (5) years social media management experience OR digital marketing expertise
- Experience with design and visual content creation
- Deep knowledge of content marketing, community management, and social media platforms as tools to drive revenue and build brand
- Strong understanding of comprehensive social media channels, management tools and strategies (content and execution)
- Knowledge of the horse race industry is a strong asset
- The job is based out of Woodbine Racetrack, the hours of work will vary and will include days, evenings, weekends and holidays as required
- Live and breathe Woodbine’s values and beliefs