Application Support Analyst
For over 100 years, we have been the engine that drives the Ontario horse racing industry. From King’s and Queen’s trips to Canada, to first dates, anniversaries and unforgettable horse races, we create winning experiences for all our guests.
Join a certified Great Place to Work team and be part of the future of horse racing and entertainment. Access exciting programs that can help unlock your potential while developing challenging and rewarding career goals. As we grow, we need dedicated people to join our cause. Be part of Woodbine Entertainment and get inspired to make work awesome!
Our Values & Beliefs
| WOW EVERY GUEST | OWN IT! | LISTEN & CONNECT – PEOPLE MATTER | FUEL THE FUN & PASS IT ON | TRUST IN OUR TEAM | #WE CARE | PURSUE YOUR POTENTIAL |BE BOLD| BE ALL IN |
Reporting to the Senior Manager, Application Support, the Application Support Analyst’s role is to deliver support to end users in the organization about how to use various types of software programs efficiently and effectively in fulfilling business objectives. This includes troubleshooting applications and software for all internal customers, such as operations, development, and other business units. The Application Support Analyst is also responsible for assisting in the design, delivery, and improvement of in-house software applications training programs and related courseware.
We will need you to bring your 'A' game everyday. We will need you to create and deploy feedback mechanisms for end users, analyze results, make recommendations to support process improvement and implement changes. You will also conduct research into software application products and services in support of development and purchasing efforts and provide support for the testing of new and existing software application under development of consideration for purchase.
- Field incoming problem tickets from end users to resolve application and software issues within servers, databases, and other mission-critical systems
- Responsible for configuring, maintaining and supporting our ServiceNow service management system.
- Recommend system solutions by comparing advantages and disadvantaged of custom development, emerging new technologies, and off the shelf alternatives
- Create release notes for the business users to understand fixes and/or new capabilities
- Create technical documents for the purpose of supporting and/or installing applications
- Monitor application and database performance on business critical platforms
- Prioritize, schedule, and administer all instances where enhancements and defect resolution are required
- Record, track, and document the problem-solving process, including all successful and unsuccessful decisions made, and actions taken, through to final resolution
- Communicate application problems and issues to key stakeholders, including management, development teams, end users, and unit leaders
- Test fixes and perform post-resolution follow-ups to ensure problems have been adequately resolved
Key Success Factors
- College diploma or university degree in the field of computer science, information systems
- 2-3 years related work experience
- Microsoft Certifications an asset
- In-depth, hands-on knowledge of and experience with enterprise and desktop applications
- Experience with the Continuous Improvement Process
- Proven experience with troubleshooting principles, methodologies, and issue resolution techniques
- Broad knowledge of programming languages and techniques would be an asset
- Able to develop and interpret technical documentation for training and end user procedures
- Experience with building and maintaining databases for query and problem tracking
- Experience with Linux an asset