Supervisor, Food & Beverage
Our rich history is a big part of who we are. With historic roots dating back over 135 years, Woodbine is steeped in tradition. We have been the engine that drives the Ontario horse racing industry, creating winning experiences for all our guests.
We are also currently on an amazing 20-year journey to ‘build a city within a city’ and transform the largest privately held land in Toronto into one of Canada’s premiere entertainment destinations. This journey will unlock the value of approximately 700 acres of land, leading to job creation and the revitalization of our communities, while enhancing our ability to share the thrill of horse-racing and cementing our place as an entertainment powerhouse.
We also take care of our PEOPLE. Here are some of the things we offer:
Full Group Benefits Plan
Discounts on Food
Ontario Attractions Discount
Opportunities for Advancement
Social Responsibility Initiatives
We need dedicated people to join our cause. Be part of Woodbine Entertainment and get inspired to make work awesome!
Our Values & Beliefs
| WOW EVERY GUEST | OWN IT! | LISTEN & CONNECT – PEOPLE MATTER | FUEL THE FUN & PASS IT ON | TRUST IN OUR TEAM | #WE CARE | PURSUE YOUR POTENTIAL |BE BOLD| BE ALL IN |
Reporting to the Assistant Manager, Hospitality Outlets, this position will assist the Assistant Manager & Manager, Hospitality in executing the departments’ daily, weekly and monthly operating plan and provide coaching and support to front-line team members. As a Service leader in the Woodbine Hospitality Department, the Supervisor assists the Assistant Manager & Manager in overseeing the business and provides support to team Members to operate in a manner consistent with established departmental policies and procedures. The scope of responsibility will vary based on the outlet(s) and they will assist the Assistant Manager & Manager with implementing innovative programs, operational processes and procedures that reduce short- and long-term operating costs and increase sales and profitability. Key responsibilities include ensuring day to day operational excellence and support the team members to ensure we are delivering winning experiences to every guest and leading in a manner that’s consistent with the company’s values and beliefs.
- Collect and organize daily administrative duties and ensure that all daily administrative responsibilities are carried out and hold the Team Members accountable.
- Executing the daily staffing schedule and organizing the daily staffing work assignments
- Updating the time and attendance record sheet
- Escalate any employee issues such as work performance, attendance management, policy & procedure breaches, grievances, disciplinary outcomes, etc. of all team members to the Assistant Manager and Manager.
- Provide training, in the moment coaching and assist team members in all aspects of the operation (i.e. meal periods, peak periods) to ensure the Operation runs flawlessly.
- Participate and action Supervisory 30.60.90-day plans to help improve the overall service and culinary offerings within the Hospitality business.
- Recognize and monitor performance of team members on a daily, weekly & Monthly basis and provide weekly one on one team feedback on what’s going well, and the areas of improvement needed.
- Work side by side all peak periods of the operations with all Team Members, to ensure the team is achieving the brand standards of excellence.
- Deliver high energy / detailed pre-shift meetings, work with the Assistant Manager & Manager on a weekly basis to plan & review the weekly shift meeting topics that have the highest impact on the business.
- Engage Guests throughout the shift to ensure that quality checks are being performed to gain feedback from all guests on the food and service experience.
- Perform inventory counts, maintain physical par stocks and productions based on business levels.
- Monitor and execute the preparation, production of food and beverage and the merchandising plans for Hospitality outlets.
- Take an active role with coaching of all food & Beverage within Hospitality to ensure that all products are executed 100% to the standards including recipe builds and merchandizing planograms.
- Certificate/Diploma/Degree from recognized College/University in courses related to Hospitality/Business Management, Hotel/ Restaurant Management or a combination of related education and experience
- Smart Serve and Food Safety Handling certification required
- Minimum two (2) years supervisory experience related to corporate food & beverage structure and reporting in a restaurant dining room, lounge, bar or banquet hall environment
- May be required to obtain and maintain an A.G.C.O. License based on assigned outlet(s)
- Experience working in unionized environment is a strong asset
- Ability to lift up to 50 lbs