SB Race office MHK
For over 100 years, we have been the engine that drives the Ontario horse racing industry. From King’s and Queen’s trips to Canada, to first dates, anniversaries and unforgettable horse races, we create winning experiences for all our guests.
Join a certified Great Place to Work team and be part of the future of horse racing and entertainment. Access exciting programs that can help unlock your potential while developing challenging and rewarding career goals. As we grow, we need dedicated people to join our cause. Be part of Woodbine Entertainment and get inspired to make work awesome!
Our Values & Beliefs
| WOW EVERY GUEST | OWN IT! | LISTEN & CONNECT – PEOPLE MATTER | FUEL THE FUN & PASS IT ON | TRUST IN OUR TEAM | #WE CARE | PURSUE YOUR POTENTIAL |BE BOLD| BE ALL IN |
The purpose of this position is to chart all horses during live racing and qualifying on a backup basis. All horses must receive a precise chart line before past performance programs are printed.
What you will do:
- Prepare the race charts for the evening noting driver changes, claims, track condition, mutuel prices and temperature
- Chart each horse’s position during racing using binoculars, voice recorder and or television monitor or using Woodbine’s GPS tracking system
- Record and review each race to ensure all charts are accurate and precise before they are made official
- Confirm all race charts with the Judges
- Forward race charts to respective Stakeholders upon request
- Complete any necessary adjustments to past performance chart lines from Mohawk
Key Success Factors
- Thorough knowledge of horses, horseracing industry, AGCO Rules of Racing, Company policies, and Departmental procedures
- Strong interpersonal, communication, leadership, organization skills
- Ability to make decisions while considering several variables and outcomes in situations that are routine or unusual
- Ability to influence individuals to respect the rules and practices established by the Company
- Must possess a valid driver’s license
- Minimum High School education
- Shall obtain proper Licenses as required to fulfill the function under the AGCO rules
- Harness racing experience preferred
- Must be able to respond to numerous outside influences and impacts
- Variable hours and workdays as dictated by racing and schedule