Manager, Broadcast Technology
Our rich history is a big part of who we are. With historic roots dating back over 135 years, Woodbine is steeped in tradition. We have been the engine that drives the Ontario horse racing industry, creating winning experiences for all our guests.
We are also currently on an amazing 20-year journey to ‘build a city within a city’ and transform the largest privately held land in Toronto into one of Canada’s premiere entertainment destinations. This journey will unlock the value of approximately 700 acres of land, leading to job creation and the revitalization of our communities, while enhancing our ability to share the thrill of horse-racing and cementing our place as an entertainment powerhouse.
We also take care of our PEOPLE. Here are some of the things we offer:
Full Group Benefits Plan
Discounts on Food
Ontario Attractions Discount
Opportunities for Advancement
Social Responsibility Initiatives
We need dedicated people to join our cause. Be part of Woodbine Entertainment and get inspired to make work awesome!
Our Values & Beliefs
| WOW EVERY GUEST | OWN IT! | LISTEN & CONNECT – PEOPLE MATTER | FUEL THE FUN & PASS IT ON | TRUST IN OUR TEAM | #WE CARE | PURSUE YOUR POTENTIAL |BE BOLD| BE ALL IN |
This position is the leader of the Broadcast Technology team that is responsible for ensuring the continuity of broadcast and audio-visual operations at Woodbine Racetrack and across Woodbine Entertainment’s properties. This includes leading a team of technicians responsible for maintenance, repair and replacement of broadcast, transmission, audio-visual, broadcast IT and related equipment. This person is responsible for leading the daily activities of Woodbine’s Broadcast Technicians including supervising, scheduling and assigning tasks and small to medium-sized projects. This position is the lead on most Broadcast capital projects and involves coordination and negotiation with contractors and suppliers for deliverables required by the Broadcast department.
· Lead a team of Broadcast Technicians in their function of supporting the Broadcast and A/V needs of Woodbine, across its properties. They will act on Woodbine’s core values and will actively encourage the same from their team.
· Lead the implementation of new Broadcast and A/V equipment and technologies based on the individual demands of all departments
· Lead proactive maintenance and lifecycle management activities
· Negotiate contracts and equipment purchases with suppliers, following Woodbine’s purchasing guidelines. They will act as the primary contact for these vendor relationships.
· Track Broadcast technology operating and capital accounts to ensure spending is controlled and kept on budget.
· Provide recommendations for equipment purchase and technical improvements for areas such as control rooms, Master Control, HPItv production, direct-view video displays, digital signage and wayfinding, A/V installations and fan engagement
· NTSC and ATSC broadcast technical standards and signal flow
· Familiarity with broadcast production techniques
· Knowledge of HD-SDI and Ethernet wiring standards
· Advanced understanding of the functions of Broadcast production equipment found in control rooms, Master Control and the field and including cameras, switchers, instant reply, graphics, audio, camera colouring and control, intercom, IFB, wireless video and audio, conversion equipment, encoders and decoders, all-in-one production, video editors, satellite and fiber uplink and downlink, monitoring and measurement equipment, monitors and other HID
· Problem solving and troubleshooting skills required on a regular basis
· Proficiency supporting computers, computer networking and computer software a must
· Proficiency with CAD software an asset
· Advanced organization, verbal and written communication skills
· Ability to work both independently and as part of a team
· Ability to deal with a high-pressure, multi-tasking environment
Education and Experience
· Post-secondary diploma or certification in Broadcast Television Production or a related field
· Minimum ten years of experience in a Broadcast setting with a focus on Technology
· Experience leading a team of 3 or more
· Collaborative office environment where there is little physical discomfort due to temperature, dust, noise and the like
· Travel between Woodbine, Mohawk and other Woodbine properties as required
· Standing and walking required for approximately 50% of the work time
· Regular interruptions and multiple demands
· Working afternoons, weekends and holidays for special events
This job description indicates the general nature and level of work expected of the incumbent. It is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities required of the incumbent. Incumbent may be asked to perform other duties as required.