SB Racing MHK
For over 100 years, we have been the engine that drives the Ontario horse racing industry. From King’s and Queen’s trips to Canada, to first dates, anniversaries and unforgettable horse races, we create winning experiences for all our guests.
Join a certified Great Place to Work team and be part of the future of horse racing and entertainment. Access exciting programs that can help unlock your potential while developing challenging and rewarding career goals. As we grow, we need dedicated people to join our cause. Be part of Woodbine Entertainment and get inspired to make work awesome!
Our Values & Beliefs
| WOW EVERY GUEST | OWN IT! | LISTEN & CONNECT – PEOPLE MATTER | FUEL THE FUN & PASS IT ON | TRUST IN OUR TEAM | #WE CARE | PURSUE YOUR POTENTIAL |BE BOLD| BE ALL IN |
The purpose of this position is to consistently and safely operate and maintain WEG equipment and to maintain the grounds as assigned by the Supervisor.
- Operate all equipment required for the maintenance of WEG grounds, roads, parking lots, stable area and buildings
- Safely operate all cars and trucks including pickups, vans, stake trucks, snow ploughs, snow blowers, dump trucks, boom and flush water trucks, bucket trucks and sand trucks
- Safely operate all farm tractors and pick ups with attachments including harrows, cutting harrows, floats, lawn movers, grass cutters, post hole augers, wagons, trailers, snow blowers, rototillers, rollers, rakes and screens
- Operate front-end loaders, Athey loaders, self-propelled rollers, grass cutters and rototillers
- Perform “Circle Check” of equipment being used for work shift; report any defects to Supervisor immediately
- Perform duties of Labourer as required including ranking and shovelling, maintaining stalls and cutting grass
- Conduct deliveries and pickups on and off premises
- Perform routine cleaning, maintenance and storage of all related equipment
- Demonstrate knowledge of track procedures regarding horse-related accidents and injuries
- Respond to emergencies such as fire and water leaks as required
- Complete work in a safe and efficient manner
- Maintain neat and organized work areas
- Maintain all documents in a timely and accurate manner as required
- Solid knowledge for operating all equipment required for maintenance
- General knowledge of Occupational Health and Safety procedures and WHMIS
- Basic verbal communication skills
- Basic interpersonal skills
- Education and Experience
- Minimum high school diploma or equivalent
- Must possess a valid class "DZ" drivers license
- Minimum 1 year driving experience in a similar environment
- Qualify for an AGCO
- Working Conditions
- Environment where there is physical discomfort due to temperature, dust, noise etc.
- Standing and walking required for more than 25% of the work time
- May be required to lift up to 50 lbs.
- Must be able to perform shift work, weekends and holidays as required
- Willing to travel to other tracks as required