Senior Application Developer
For over 100 years, we have been the engine that drives the Ontario horse racing industry. From King’s and Queen’s trips to Canada, to first dates, anniversaries and unforgettable horse races, we create winning experiences for all our guests.
Join a certified Great Place to Work team and be part of the future of horse racing and entertainment. Access exciting programs that can help unlock your potential while developing challenging and rewarding career goals. As we grow, we need dedicated people to join our cause. Be part of Woodbine Entertainment and get inspired to make work awesome!
Our Values & Beliefs
| WOW EVERY GUEST | OWN IT! | LISTEN & CONNECT – PEOPLE MATTER | FUEL THE FUN & PASS IT ON | TRUST IN OUR TEAM | #WE CARE | PURSUE YOUR POTENTIAL |BE BOLD| BE ALL IN |
The Senior Application Developer is responsible for delivering software solutions, underlying architecture and overseeing the work being done by the other software developers working on the project.
What your day to day will look like:
We will need you to bring your 'A' game everyday. You will develop high quality software design and architecture and develop specifications throughout the full Software Development Lifecycle. You will also oversee the quality assurance of program logic, data processing and error resolution as well as collaborate with analysts and designers in the development and initiation of new software programs and applications. Partnering with stakeholders is also important in this role as you will be required to take an active role in cross-departmental projects and interact regularly with managers, clients, vendors and agencies to field queries and questions. The role also provides opportunity to train and provide guidance to junior software development staff to ensure the continuous advancement of the whole team.
- Cultivate and disseminate knowledge of application development best practices
- Research, document, and implement program requirements and specifications
- Consistently write, translate and code software programs and applications according to specifications
- Develop and deliver long-term strategic goals for software architecture vision and standards in conjunction with software users, department managers, clients, and other key stakeholders
Core skills that we need
- 5 years work experience as a Software engineer, Developer
- College diploma or university degree in the field of computer science or software engineering
- Certifications and/or formal training in Modern Software Architecture
- Technically fluent in C#, .net framework
- Java; Spring Boot framework
- Familiarity with relational (SQL Server, MySQL) and NoSQL databases (HBase, MongoDB); good knowledge of Tsql
- Strong Object Oriented or Functional Programming and modeling skills
- DevOps experience: Azure DevOps, Jira, Jenkins, Github
- Cloud Computing: Docker\Kubernetes stack, Azure VMs, GCP, AWS
- Experience developing applications using microservices pattern
Nice to have:
- Experience with WordPress and other Content Management systems
- Data analytical, reporting skills using Tableau, PowerBI, SSRS, SSAS
- Cloud Data Warehousing - GCP BigQuery, Azure SQL, Snowflake,
- Knowledge of enterprise integration tools such as dell boomi, lore.io, tray.io
- Hive / Spark /(1.6 - 2.x) - Scala, PiG
- Experience with ETL tools such as Kafka, nifi, SSIS, Paxata
- Knowledge of Hadoop and its ecosystem. Configuration / tuning
- Hands-on software troubleshooting experience