Regulatory Camera Operator
Our rich history is a big part of who we are. With historic roots dating back over 135 years, Woodbine is steeped in tradition. We have been the engine that drives the Ontario horse racing industry. From King’s and Queen’s trips to Canada, anniversaries and unforgettable horse races, we have been creating winning experiences for all our guests.
We are currently on an amazing 20-year journey to ‘build a city within a city’ and transform the largest privately held land in Toronto into one of Canada’s premiere entertainment destinations. This journey will unlock the value of approximately 700 acres of land, leading to job creation and the revitalization of our communities, while enhancing our ability to share the thrill of horse-racing and cementing our place as an entertainment powerhouse.
We need dedicated people to join our cause. Be part of Woodbine Entertainment and get inspired to make work awesome!
Our Values & Beliefs
| WOW EVERY GUEST | OWN IT! | LISTEN & CONNECT – PEOPLE MATTER | FUEL THE FUN & PASS IT ON | TRUST IN OUR TEAM | #WE CARE | PURSUE YOUR POTENTIAL |BE BOLD| BE ALL IN |
This position is responsible for the setup and live operation of broadcast camera equipment as directed by the Simulcast Producer,for the use and review by AGCO stewards and judges, ensuring efficiency, effectiveness and consistent and specific delivery of these required services.
In a collaborative team setting, responsible for shooting live video footage of all thoroughbred or standardbred races specific to the requirements of the AGCO by performing various duties.
- Prep and set up camera equipment
- Operation of broadcast studio big lens cameras with control arms as directed by the Simulcast Producer
- Framing and composition of shots as specified by Simulcast Producer
- White balance focus and iris control to ensure quality of video signal
- Responding quickly to directions
- Liaising with staff
- Check camera angles and movements
Key Success Factors
- Post-secondary diploma or certificate in television production, OR equivalent experience, and/or production experience in a control room and/or field production setting
- General knowledge of television production
- General knowledge of broadcast equipment operation
- General organizational skills
- General verbal and written communication skills
- General problem solving/troubleshooting skills
- Ability to work in a high pressure fast paced environment
- Requires concentration and restriction to location during specific race times
- Must be versatile and able to work in various weather conditions
- Must be comfortable working at heights