SB Racing MHK
Our rich history is a big part of who we are. With historic roots dating back over 135 years, Woodbine is steeped in tradition. We have been the engine that drives the Ontario horse racing industry. From King’s and Queen’s trips to Canada, anniversaries and unforgettable horse races, we have been creating winning experiences for all our guests.
We are currently on an amazing 20-year journey to ‘build a city within a city’ and transform the largest privately held land in Toronto into one of Canada’s premiere entertainment destinations. This journey will unlock the value of approximately 700 acres of land, leading to job creation and the revitalization of our communities, while enhancing our ability to share the thrill of horse-racing and cementing our place as an entertainment powerhouse.
We need dedicated people to join our cause. Be part of Woodbine Entertainment and get inspired to make work awesome!
Our Values & Beliefs
| WOW EVERY GUEST | OWN IT! | LISTEN & CONNECT – PEOPLE MATTER | FUEL THE FUN & PASS IT ON | TRUST IN OUR TEAM | #WE CARE | PURSUE YOUR POTENTIAL |BE BOLD| BE ALL IN |
This position is responsible for ensuring each horse entering the paddock for racing is properly shod and to replace a shoe where necessary.
- Removes worn or defective shoe from hoof
- Examines hoof to detect bruises and cracks and to determine trimming required
- Selects aluminum or steel shoe from stock, according to hoof measurements and animal usage
- Nails shoe to hoof and files hoof flush with shoe
- Responsible for driving the horse ambulance should an accident or incident occur where it is needed on property
- Other duties may be assigned
- Up to two years related experience or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- General to advanced knowledge of the horse racing industry
- General knowledge of horse racing rules and regulations
- Advance attention to detail.
- General communication, interpersonal and organizational skills are required to interact effectively with all levels of staff and horse trainers.
- General ability to work in a fast-paced, team environment
- Displays willingness to make decisions
- Exhibits sound and accurate judgment
- Demonstrates accuracy and thoroughness
- Monitors own work to ensure quality
- Observes safety and security procedures
- Follows instructions, responds to management direction