Specialist, Communications and Content
Ontario Racing Management
For over 100 years, we have been the engine that drives the Ontario horse racing industry. From King’s and Queen’s trips to Canada, to first dates, anniversaries and unforgettable horse races, we create winning experiences for all our guests.
Join a certified Great Place to Work team and be part of the future of horse racing and entertainment. Access exciting programs that can help unlock your potential while developing challenging and rewarding career goals. As we grow, we need dedicated people to join our cause. Be part of Woodbine Entertainment and get inspired to make work awesome!
Our Values & Beliefs
| WOW EVERY GUEST | OWN IT! | LISTEN & CONNECT – PEOPLE MATTER | FUEL THE FUN & PASS IT ON | TRUST IN OUR TEAM | #WE CARE | PURSUE YOUR POTENTIAL |BE BOLD| BE ALL IN |
Do you wake up in the morning thinking about how you’ll engage a diverse group of stakeholders? Are passionate about creating great content? Can you help build a brand’s reputation?
Ontario Racing Management is looking for a creative content and communications specialist to help us on our mission to promote and engage the Ontario horse racing industry. We need your help to write engaging press releases, plan and manage multiple web sites and social media platforms, creating industry-wide newsletters and working with our members to tell their stories!
What is Ontario Racing Management?
Ontario Racing Management (ORM) is a wholly owned subsidy of Woodbine Entertainment, Canada’s horse racing and entertainment leader. Together with an industry-representative Board of Directors, ORM leads the Ontario horse racing industry towards sustainability.
The ideal candidate will need to be extremely organized and detail oriented, able to able to manage the logistics of multiple projects simultaneously in a fast-paced environment and create meaningful and productive partnerships with our stakeholders.
- Create engaging and informative content for stakeholder and public communications, including news releases, email, newsletters.
- Manage content across multiple websites.
- Plan and execute social media strategies that build Ontario Racing’s reputation online including analyzing campaigns and suppling reports.
- Respond to reviews and queries.
- Develop creative campaigns to help inform stakeholders on various Ontario Racing initiatives.
- Identify opportunities to use existing and new media to expand communication outreach with stakeholders.
- Aid in the strategy and implementation of proposed initiatives such as additional social media or communications platforms.
- Engage with Ontario Racing Board members and the horse racing community to produce high quality content.
- Work with other employees to produce and promote events.
- Work with senior leaders on projects to enhance communication by coordinating meetings, note taking and analytics tracking.
- Ensure communications messages are consistent across all mediums and platforms.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Ability to write and distribute professional news releases.
- Knowledge of WordPress and other website platforms.
- Advanced social media planning, monitoring and analyzation ability.
- Familiarity with contemporary communications software / services including social media planning platforms, newsletter platforms and non-technical website maintenance.
- Demonstrated collaborative skills and ability to work well within a team.
- Ability to prioritize, multi-task and manage multiple projects in a fast-paced environment.
- Strong project management skills and attention to detail.
- Strong organizational and administrative skills.
- Ability to exchange information clearly and concisely.
- Must have good time management, multitasking and stress management skills to be able to ensure that tasks get completed on time.
- Critical thinking for decision making issues.
- Able to work efficiently as a part of a team as well as independently.
- Education & Experience
- Two or more years work experience in a communications capacity.
- University or college degree/diploma in communications or related field.
- Familiarity or knowledge of the horse racing is a plus.
- Proficiency in Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook; proficiency in Photoshop is a plus.
- Working Conditions
- Currently, ORM is working remotely with the potential to return to a physical workspace in the coming months.
- This position is located at our Toronto office with the possibility of working at our Milton office.
- Flexibility to work occasional evenings and weekends as required.
- Occasionally required to travel to other locations as needed.