Senior Marketing Manager - Events & Experiences
Marketing and Communications
For over 100 years, we have been the engine that drives the Ontario horse racing industry. From King’s and Queen’s trips to Canada, to first dates, anniversaries and unforgettable horse races, we create winning experiences for all our guests.
Join a certified Great Place to Work team and be part of the future of horse racing and entertainment. Access exciting programs that can help unlock your potential while developing challenging and rewarding career goals. As we grow, we need dedicated people to join our cause. Be part of Woodbine Entertainment and get inspired to make work awesome!
Our Values & Beliefs
| WOW EVERY GUEST | OWN IT! | LISTEN & CONNECT – PEOPLE MATTER | FUEL THE FUN & PASS IT ON | TRUST IN OUR TEAM | #WE CARE | PURSUE YOUR POTENTIAL |BE BOLD| BE ALL IN |
Woodbine Entertainment is on a mission to be a guest-centric marketing powerhouse! Reporting to the Marketing Director, this position is responsible for the marketing and promotion of our world class racing facilities, Woodbine and Woodbine Mohawk Park, including the variety of integrated entertainment offerings at both sites. This position will plan, manage and execute marketing initiatives that will achieve results and revenue growth for the integrated sports and entertainment business. Responsibilities will include developing the marketing plan, managing integrated advertising and promotional campaigns across all platforms, while managing stakeholder relationships closely with internal teams in hospitality, racing, broadcast, sales, sponsorships, events, communications and creative teams.
Further to the venue specific marketing for Woodbine and WMP, this role also includes the planning of and oversight of the execution of all our venue’s ticketing strategies, sponsorship support and fulfillment, and customer journey mapping. This role is also responsible to support any social and broadcast initiatives that also support these lines of business. The Senior Manager will be tasked to strategize how to elevate horse racing as a sport in the minds of our local market.
This role has a direct report accountable for executing the strategies developed, in addition to taking action on on-site hospitality merchandising efforts, property development needs, and casino partner initiatives to name a few things. This manager role is responsible to oversee the successful implementation of these efforts.
The difference you will make
- Develop and oversee implementation of a strategic and actionable marketing and promotions plan for the business to promote the Woodbine and Woodbine Mohawk Park brands, grow attendance, wagering, and hospitality sales
- Manage several key marketing budgets aligned to role accountabilities and ensure monthly account forecasts are met as expected
- Oversee the planning and execution of all Live Racing & Hospitality promotions, sponsorship activations, contests, Live on-site events, or other initiatives from inception to post-analysis reporting, and ensure a positive guest experience
- Assist in the development and/or rebrand of 5+ restaurant concepts that elevate WEG’s position within the Toronto hospitality market
- Ensure that all business recommendations, post-mortem analyses, and metrics are well-documented with lessons learned highlighted to promote continuous quality marketing improvement
- Investigate and propose cross-promotional opportunities wherever possible within the facility experiences to drive wagering and hospitality lines of business, as well as any other business objectives
- Establish and nurture meaningful internal cross-functional relationships at Woodbine and Woodbine Mohawk Park to gather support for projects and influence their successful completion
- Manage the media agency and provide strategic input and insights to develop plans to support line of business’ objectives
- Through regular communications monitor progress to ensure quality in media decisions and budgets are met and optimized
- Ensure maintenance of the facility websites with the latest content to deliver a positive customer journey experience in all that we do
- Working with all Woodbine teams to develop a process to ensure delivery of marketing and merchandising materials at all locations, while ensuring all brand guidelines are adhered to
- Develop reports to identify research needs, trends, and manage the research process to deliver the required insights and information to maximize the brand's goals
- Review and present results achieved and defined key performance indicators, and monitor to ensure and evaluate success
- Develop successful ticket-sales strategies for key events, exploring dynamic pricing models, leveraging announcements and creating urgency whenever possible to drive increase sales year-over-year
- Consult with the Sponsorship team to ensure effective fulfillment of our sponsorship programs, and brainstorm new sponsoring assets and ideas for them to explore. This also would include supporting the team with effective sales tools
- Oversee planning and execution of all Marketing needs for Property Development and Casino Partner executions and ensure alignment with our Strategic Imperatives or Common Purpose/Brand Promise
Key Success Factors
- University or college degree/diploma in Business Administration, Marketing, Sponsorships or related field and/or the equivalent in education and experience
- 7 + years of experience in a marketing environment, with preference to those experienced in an end-consumer/guest centric marketing capacity
- Solid understanding of marketing strategy, tactics and planning
- Demonstrated ability to bring cross-functional groups together, set objectives and achieve goals without direct reporting authority
- People management skills, including coaching
- Advanced written and verbal communication skills required for selling, presentations, reports and composing correspondence and marketing plans
- Professionalism and interpersonal skills to represent WEG to external customers, agencies and suppliers
- Live and breathe Woodbine’s values and beliefs