Supervisor, Guest Experience
Guest Experience MHK
Our rich history is a big part of who we are. With historic roots dating back over 135 years, Woodbine is steeped in tradition. We have been the engine that drives the Ontario horse racing industry. From King’s and Queen’s trips to Canada, anniversaries and unforgettable horse races, we have been creating winning experiences for all our guests.
We are currently on an amazing 20-year journey to ‘build a city within a city’ and transform the largest privately held land in Toronto into one of Canada’s premiere entertainment destinations. This journey will unlock the value of approximately 700 acres of land, leading to job creation and the revitalization of our communities, while enhancing our ability to share the thrill of horse-racing and cementing our place as an entertainment powerhouse.
We need dedicated people to join our cause. Be part of Woodbine Entertainment and get inspired to make work awesome!
Our Values & Beliefs
| WOW EVERY GUEST | OWN IT! | LISTEN & CONNECT – PEOPLE MATTER | FUEL THE FUN & PASS IT ON | TRUST IN OUR TEAM | #WE CARE | PURSUE YOUR POTENTIAL |BE BOLD| BE ALL IN |
The purpose of this position is to supervise a proactive team of Guest Experience and Pari-Mutuel associates to ensure the delivery of professional, high quality and friendly assistance and services to all our guests. This role also will help drive and contribute to the successful achievement of business goals in the areas of employee and customer satisfaction.
Your day to day
1. Effectively lead a team of Guest Experience staff and the delivery of face-to-face service and assistance to the organization's customers by providing motivation and direction such as assigning, prioritizing work, monitoring work performed, dealing with routine issues and assist with scheduling of staff.
2. Introduce new and inexperienced customers to wagering.
3. Supervise and support Retail and Cash Operation services (retail and lottery sales, cash advance transactions and reporting, valet services)
4. Identify, gather and assess information to resolve various routine customer inquires/complaints.
5. Develop and maintain effective relationships with various departments and customers.
6. Ensure that department service level objectives meet performance expectations.
7. Create and maintain an environment that promotes positive communication within the department and the organization.
8. Assist Managers in development and facilitation of training programs for frontline employees
Key Success Factors
· 1-3 years in a supervisory capacity in a customer service environment
· General knowledge of Best Customer Service practices
· Basic knowledge of money handling procedures
· General knowledge of Customer Services and Operations
· Calm, organized work ethic with the ability to prioritize and meet deadlines
· Excellent supervisory, inter-personal, and communication skills
· A passion for delivering exceptional levels of guest service
· Cash handling experience
· Computer skills required