Player Services Representative
WEGZ Front of House
Our rich history is a big part of who we are. With historic roots dating back over 135 years, Woodbine is steeped in tradition. We have been the engine that drives the Ontario horse racing industry. From King’s and Queen’s trips to Canada, anniversaries and unforgettable horse races, we have been creating winning experiences for all our guests.
We are currently on an amazing 20-year journey to ‘build a city within a city’ and transform the largest privately held land in Toronto into one of Canada’s premiere entertainment destinations. This journey will unlock the value of approximately 700 acres of land, leading to job creation and the revitalization of our communities, while enhancing our ability to share the thrill of horse-racing and cementing our place as an entertainment powerhouse.
We need dedicated people to join our cause. Be part of Woodbine Entertainment and get inspired to make work awesome!
Our Values & Beliefs
| WOW EVERY GUEST | OWN IT! | LISTEN & CONNECT – PEOPLE MATTER | FUEL THE FUN & PASS IT ON | TRUST IN OUR TEAM | #WE CARE | PURSUE YOUR POTENTIAL |BE BOLD| BE ALL IN |
Provide safe, friendly, attentive, and timely service to create an exceptional experience for all of our wagering guests.
- Maintains guest focus at all times, ensuring all COVID-19 policies and procedures are adhered to
- Accurately performs guest registration and contact tracing. Records guest’s name, phone number, seat designation and time of arrival/departure in reservation system (designates and escorts guests to their assigned station/table in adherence to physical distancing guidelines).
- High frequency cleaning and sanitization of commonly touched surface
- Properly maintain and stock all sanitization stations
- Complete mandatory checklists as scheduled, including but not limited to; cleaning and sanitization of public washrooms. Includes disinfecting (urinals, stalls, countertops, faucets, door handles), stock all soap, sanitizer and paper towels.
- Provide courteous, proactive and efficient service by greeting and engaging customers, respond to their wagering inquiries which includes but not limited to types of bets, betting tutorials, how to use self serve machines (terminals and TICO), HPI accounts and cash cards.
- Proactively engages new customers providing assistance and instruction on how to place a bet
- Reconcile end of day sales and product tracking.
- Provide 1st level service on wagering equipment which includes replenishment of TICO cassettes and hoppers.
- Handles money by way of verifying floats, accepting cash, cheque, credit card payments, and balances end of shift sales.
- Inventory control, distribution of all racing programs and Daily Racing Forms, including printing, sorting, distributing, delivery, selling, disposal and record keeping for internal use and on track customer sales
- Promotes, informs, sells and redeems OLG product
- Educate our new and core customers on our latest products, services and promotional opportunities.
- Assist guests with the investigation of cash card or voucher discrepancies through direct communication with WEG Wagering Operations Department
- Work with teammates to meet and exceed our guests expectations
- Practices Responsible Alcohol Management at all times, rules of SMART SERVE ; professionally advising guests when alcohol consumption needs to be slowed down or discontinued for the balance of the visit
- Notifies Management any time a guest is not 100% satisfied with their experience
- Maintain organization and cleanliness of storage areas
- Maintain and replenish money in TICO voucher cash machine
- Maintain and clear all issues with AMTOTE wagering machines
- Reports all equipment problems, maintenance issues and likely shortages to supervisor
- Minimum 1 year customer service experience in a fast paced work environment
- Able to read, write, speak and understand English
- Smart Serve Certification
- Must be 18 years of age
- Must possess a positive attitude and work well with other team members
- Willing to follow direction and ask questions for clarification if needed
- Regular, predictable, and dependable attendance
- Outgoing, enthusiastic, energetic personality
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills with the ability to work in a diverse working environment
- Able to work well under pressure
- Able to deal with people sensitively, tactfully, diplomatically, and professionally at all times
- Professional appearance
- Strong work ethic and positive team attitude
- Able to listen effectively to benefit the customer
- Must have a pleasant and approachable attitude
- General knowledge of sport of horse racing & pari-mutuel wagering
- Must be willing to work evenings, weekends and holidays.
- Must be available to work as late as 4:00am