Assistant Horsemen’s Bookkeeper (Part Time)
SB Racing MHK
Our rich history is a big part of who we are. With historic roots dating back over 135 years, Woodbine is steeped in tradition. We have been the engine that drives the Ontario horse racing industry, creating winning experiences for all our guests.
We are also currently on an amazing 20-year journey to ‘build a city within a city’ and transform the largest privately held land in Toronto into one of Canada’s premiere entertainment destinations. This journey will unlock the value of approximately 700 acres of land, leading to job creation and the revitalization of our communities, while enhancing our ability to share the thrill of horse-racing and cementing our place as an entertainment powerhouse.
We also take care of our PEOPLE. Here are some of the things we offer:
Full Group Benefits Plan
Discounts on Food
Ontario Attractions Discount
Opportunities for Advancement
Social Responsibility Initiatives
We need dedicated people to join our cause. Be part of Woodbine Entertainment and get inspired to make work awesome!
Our Values & Beliefs
| WOW EVERY GUEST | OWN IT! | LISTEN & CONNECT – PEOPLE MATTER | FUEL THE FUN & PASS IT ON | TRUST IN OUR TEAM | #WE CARE | PURSUE YOUR POTENTIAL |BE BOLD| BE ALL IN |
While possessing a strong knowledge of both the Incompass and Standardbred Canada cheque printing systems, the Assistant Horseman’s Bookkeeper shall assist in ensuring all purse money is paid to owners, trainers & drivers participating at Ontario’s Standardbred Racetracks
- Assist the Horsemen’s Bookkeeper with printing all Woodbine Entertainment purse cheques and any other cheque requests daily
- Assist the Horsemen’s Bookkeeper with printing Ontario Racing purse cheques according to the weekly/monthly payment schedules
- Help maintain records of all purses paid at Woodbine and Ontario Racing Tracks
- Assist inputting all race results into the Incompass system once results are confirmed official by the Judges
- Assist with filing and mailing out cheques as per the bookkeeping schedule or recipient’s request
- Be available to hand out purse cheques to race customers during racing hours or as scheduled
- Help answer Horsemen’s questions and concerns in a timely manner
- Assist and support the Horsemen’s Bookkeeper in preparing and maintaining accounts while ensuring they balance weekly
- Verify money for claims and forward claim forms and money to the Judges
- Assist the Horsemen’s Bookkeeper at inputting starting fees into Incompass system during the stakes season
- Fill in for the Horsemen’s Bookkeeper when required
- Thorough knowledge of horses, horseracing industry, AGCO rules of racing, company policies, and departmental procedures.
- Strong interpersonal, communication, leadership, organization skills
- Ability to make decisions while considering several variables and outcomes in situations that are routine or unusual
- Ability to influence individuals to respect the rules and practices established by the company
- Must possess a valid driver’s license
- Minimum High School education
- Bookkeeping experience preferred
- Harness racing experience preferred
- Must be able to respond to numerous outside influences and impacts
- Variable hours and workdays as dictated by racing and schedule
- The hours of work shall be set at three and half hours prior to the first race post time of the day until the last race has finished and reported back to the paddock area.