Supervisor, Facility Management Operations
For over 100 years, we have been the engine that drives the Ontario horse racing industry. From King’s and Queen’s trips to Canada, to first dates, anniversaries and unforgettable horse races, we create winning experiences for all our guests.
Join a certified Great Place to Work team and be part of the future of horse racing and entertainment. Access exciting programs that can help unlock your potential while developing challenging and rewarding career goals. As we grow, we need dedicated people to join our cause. Be part of Woodbine Entertainment and get inspired to make work awesome!
Our Values & Beliefs
| WOW EVERY GUEST | OWN IT! | LISTEN & CONNECT – PEOPLE MATTER | FUEL THE FUN & PASS IT ON | TRUST IN OUR TEAM | #WE CARE | PURSUE YOUR POTENTIAL |BE BOLD| BE ALL IN |
Reporting to the Facility Manager, Property Services, this position is responsible to supervise multi-disciplinary teams of staff including but not limited to: building operator, maintenance mechanics, housekeeping & labor staff.
- Day to day supervision of the operation and maintenance of plant equipment (HVAC, fire protection, electrical, UPS, BAS, switchgears, domestic hot water, boiler, emergency power, generators, cooling tower, heating system, water treatment, natural gas, plumbing, elevators, escalators, building infrastructure) to ensure compliance to various safety rules and regulations and efficient working conditions. Report and follow up on faulty equipment ensuring safety to equipment operators and customers.
- Provide direction, coaching and guidance to Property Services maintenance, cleaning, and ground staff. Monitor performance, identify and recommend opportunities for development and growth and/or additional training.
- Ensure hourly staff complete all assigned tasks and that adequate equipment and materials are available to ensure effective and efficient responses to the client needs.
- Manage daily staff attendance and scheduling. Ensure compliance to Collective Agreement and/or applicable company/regulatory agency rules and regulations.
- Provide effective and efficient communication to Facilities maintenance, cleaning and ground staff regarding daily operational standards, prioritization and assignment of work, critical information such as compliance to various Acts/Regulations, and all other information relevant in the performance of their duties.
- Consistently and fairly apply and enforce compliance to all WHMIS, Health & Safety, ESA, TSSA, building code, fire code and any department operational policies developed by our client’s Management.
- Adhere to the Property Services (Facilities) budget, taking into consideration the available resources, the organization’s priorities and the needs of the business units and external environments.
- Investigate and resolve routine, day to day problems related to equipment and materials and refer more complex matters to the Facilities Manager.
- Monitor and bring to the attention of the Facilities Manager, unacceptable employee behavior or infractions to the terms and conditions of the Collective Agreement and/or applicable company/regulatory agency rules and regulations.
- Maintain relationships with all departments to effectively coordinate work and demonstrate flexibility in filling work orders. Respond in a timely and effective manner to unexpected and immediate needs of customers. Monitor level of service satisfaction and deal with complaints and corrections immediately. Escalate any complex issues or complaints to the Facilities Manager
- Exhibit and demonstrate the core values of Respect, Integrity, Accountability, and Excellence.
- Must consistently walk and visually inspect the facility and equipment in order to be visible and readily available to staff and customers.
- Minimum grade 12 education
- Building Environmental System (BES) OR other equivalent technical designation would be an asset
- Minimum 3 years’ supervisory experience in a unionized environment
- Applied working knowledge of MS Office, building automation systems, preventative maintenance and HVAC operations.
- General technical knowledge of facilities maintenance, grounds and the housekeeping environment
- General knowledge of WHMIS, Health & Safety Acts & Regulations, TSSA and ESA
- Basic knowledge of leadership techniques
- Basic leadership and supervisory skills necessary to motivate, coach, resolve conflicts.
- General interpersonal skills necessary to interact effectively and influence cooperation and contribution from front-line employees
- Good oral and written communication skills necessary to clearly deal with customers and staff
This is a full-time position based out of the Woodbine site. This position requires indoor and outdoor work. The hours of work will vary and will include days, evenings, weekends and holidays. Please note that you may be required to work beyond scheduled hours based on business demands. We will be committed to offering you an employment experience for a company that values its people and strives to continue to create and support winning horse racing experiences for everyone!