Systems Operations Specialist
For over 100 years, we have been the engine that drives the Ontario horse racing industry. From King’s and Queen’s trips to Canada, to first dates, anniversaries and unforgettable horse races, we create winning experiences for all our guests.
Join a certified Great Place to Work team and be part of the future of horse racing and entertainment. Access exciting programs that can help unlock your potential while developing challenging and rewarding career goals. As we grow, we need dedicated people to join our cause. Be part of Woodbine Entertainment and get inspired to make work awesome!
Our Values & Beliefs
| WOW EVERY GUEST | OWN IT! | LISTEN & CONNECT – PEOPLE MATTER | FUEL THE FUN & PASS IT ON | TRUST IN OUR TEAM | #WE CARE | PURSUE YOUR POTENTIAL |BE BOLD| BE ALL IN |
Woodbine Entertainment is growing and we are currently looking for a Systems Operations Specialist who is customer-focused people that are committed to providing our guests with winning experiences!
Some of the key responsibilities include:
· Draw, interpret data and provide recommendations to the Manager on trend analysis and business patterns specific to IT Applications Operating Platform
· Provide viable solutions for Weg’s IT server application needs.
· Support of Operating Systems that host critical applications will include configuration, maintenance and modification of all WEG physical server and storage hardware.
· Support Application platforms that exist off premises in Private / Public Cloud environments at the SAAS, IAAS and PAAS levels.
· Administration of Woodbine Entertainment Group’s end user login account identity framework.
· Tier 2 Support of Hybrid PBX / VOIP Telecom Infrastructure and enterprise components.
· Manage Telecom Partner relationships with respect to licensing compliance and maintenance agreements
· Support & administer corporate voicemail application platforms
· Using a continuous improvement approach, maintain and upgrade call recording technology to fulfil compliance requirements.
· Manage corporate 2-way radio fleet transmission infrastructure & repeater support agreements
· Provide 2nd tier response to radio fleet transmission technical issues
· Establish standards and tools to monitor Telecom performance and troubleshoot problem areas as needed
· Research and identify suitable audio endpoint communication devices for specialized locations through Woodbine properties.
Our ideal candidate is going to have a strong passion to wow our guests, great communication skills, a friendly and outgoing attitude, be able to work in a fast paced environment and be willing to maximize their potential. At Woodbine, the opportunities are endless, so come join a company that makes work awesome!
What are we looking for:
- Completion of or enrollment in Microsoft accredited Minimum three (3) years in a Windows server environment
- General understanding of IT Security and Network policies and procedures
- General knowledge of IT Application Hosting Infrastructures
- Exposure to Business Continuity / Disaster Recovery best practices
- Understand and Interpret Trends & Analytics
- Create strategies & tactics for implementation and success
- Plan Design, Implement and Maintain Active Directory Services in a multi-level corporate environment, including; Directory rights management, logical structure, physical structure, replication, backup and recovery