Marketing and Communications
For over 100 years, we have been the engine that drives the Ontario horse racing industry. From King’s and Queen’s trips to Canada, to first dates, anniversaries and unforgettable horse races, we create winning experiences for all our guests.
Join a certified Great Place to Work team and be part of the future of horse racing and entertainment. Access exciting programs that can help unlock your potential while developing challenging and rewarding career goals. As we grow, we need dedicated people to join our cause. Be part of Woodbine Entertainment and get inspired to make work awesome!
Our Values & Beliefs
| WOW EVERY GUEST | OWN IT! | LISTEN & CONNECT – PEOPLE MATTER | FUEL THE FUN & PASS IT ON | TRUST IN OUR TEAM | #WE CARE | PURSUE YOUR POTENTIAL |BE BOLD| BE ALL IN |
Woodbine Entertainment is on a mission to be a guest-centric marketing powerhouse! We are currently looking to hire a highly qualitied Marketing Coordinator reporting to the Destination Marketing Manager. This individual will coordinate ongoing marketing initiatives while assisting with the development of new initiative that align with the goals and revenue growth for Woodbine’s Destination Portfolio comprised of Woodbine and Woodbine Mohawk Park’s signature racing events, hospitality, and brand signage lines of business. Responsibilities will include managing integrated advertising and promotional campaigns across all owned and paid media platforms, while working closely with internal teams including hospitality, events, communications, marketing technology, partnership and creative, as well as with external agencies.
Woodbine’s signature racing events and dining experiences are completely unique and unparalleled in the Greater Toronto market, and we are actively trying to build awareness, interest, and trial of these incredible experiences among new customers.
- Assist in the development of marketing campaigns and promotions aimed at growing wagering and hospitality revenue and increasing attendance of ticketed and non-ticketed race-centric events under the guidance of the Marketing Manager
- Coordinate and support the development of high-quality creative, working with Woodbine’s creative services team, that delivers on project goals/objectives, timelines, and budgets
- As a brand champion you will ensure all communications, signage and advertising is cohesive and on brand according to Woodbine brand guidelines and style guide
- Liaise with internal cross functional teams and external partners to ensure marketing assets and inventory are trafficked and in market as planned
- Assist with the execution of on-site activations; manage promotional inventory and signage plus handle on-site set-up and tear down as required
- Support briefing of media agencies; manage deadlines, and delivery of all creative requirements
- Create and edit content for online media include email communication and website properties
- Provide daily support to stakeholder requests within the Destinations Marketing portfolio
- Deliver strategic input into the destination portfolio by setting forth new ideas and ways to enhance the effectiveness of marketing campaigns
- Understand the target customer, consumer, market trends and opportunities to better promote Woodbine racing and hospitality offerings
- Provide support for a variety of marketing projects including gathering, researching and analyzing campaign results and providing detailed KPI based postmortem reports
- Ensure business recommendations and post-analysis metrics are well-documented including lessons learned to provide insight into future planning
- Contribute to a positive team and work environment
- 1-year experience in marketing, with preference to those with experience in hospitality/food and beverage and/or event marketing, as well as an end-consumer/guest centric marketing capacity
- College or university degree in marketing, advertising, or communications
- Strong understanding of advertising
- Experience managing the development and execution of marketing deliverables to support objectives
- Creative mind with advanced written and verbal communication skills
- Professionalism and interpersonal skills to represent Woodbine Entertainment to external customers, agencies, and suppliers
- Solid organizational skills and detail oriented
- Occasional weekend work required during major event season
- Self-motivated with the ability to work independently to identify and complete work goals
- Must be a highly collaborative team player