Regulatory Broadcast Operator
Seasonal Full-time (Non-union)
Our rich history is a big part of who we are. With historic roots dating back over 135 years, Woodbine is steeped in tradition. We have been the engine that drives the Ontario horse racing industry, creating winning experiences for all our guests.
We are also currently on an amazing 20-year journey to ‘build a city within a city’ and transform the largest privately held land in Toronto into one of Canada’s premiere entertainment destinations. This journey will unlock the value of approximately 700 acres of land, leading to job creation and the revitalization of our communities, while enhancing our ability to share the thrill of horse-racing and cementing our place as an entertainment powerhouse.
We also take care of our PEOPLE. Here are some of the things we offer:
Full Group Benefits Plan
Discounts on Food
Ontario Attractions Discount
Opportunities for Advancement
Social Responsibility Initiatives
We need dedicated people to join our cause. Be part of Woodbine Entertainment and get inspired to make work awesome!
Our Values & Beliefs
| WOW EVERY GUEST | OWN IT! | LISTEN & CONNECT – PEOPLE MATTER | FUEL THE FUN & PASS IT ON | TRUST IN OUR TEAM | #WE CARE | PURSUE YOUR POTENTIAL |BE BOLD| BE ALL IN |
This position is responsible for the setup and live operation of broadcast equipment and photo finish equipment as directed by the Simulcast Producer including any or all of the following: cameras; photo finish computer and camera equipment; digital video review system, for the use and review by AGCO stewards and judges, ensuring efficiency, effectiveness and consistent and specific delivery of these required services.
This role will encompass both functions of working on the Camera and Photo Finish. In a collaborative team setting, responsible for shooting live video footage and/or for operating photo finish equipment of all thoroughbred or standardbred races specific to the requirements of the AGCO by performing various duties.
· Prep and set up camera equipment
· Operation of broadcast big lens cameras with control arms as directed by the Simulcast Producer
· Framing and composition of shots as specified by Simulcast Producer
· White balance focus and iris control to ensure quality of video signal
· Responding quickly to directions
· Liaising with staff
· Check camera angles and movements
· Operation of photo finish computer, software, camera equipment, mirrors and lights as determined by AGCO requirements
· Framing and composition of photos as specified by AGCO requirements
· Stamp photos as templated and deliver photos to photo finish judges and control room as required
· Focus and iris control to ensure quality of photos
· Adjustment and cleaning of photo finish mirrors
· Assist AGCO judges and stewards with Race Patrol video record system when required
· Assist in the calibration and alignment of cameras and mirrors during racing to service different track layouts
· Trouble-shoot issues maintaining the current standard of equipment
· Follow all company procedures and protocol
· All other duties, as assigned
· General knowledge of television production
· General knowledge of broadcast equipment operation
· Ability to trouble-shoot technical equipment
· General computer skills in a Windows-based software applications environment
· General organizational skills
· General verbal and written communication skills
· General problem solving/trouble shooting skills
· Ability to work in a high pressure face paced environment
Education and Experience
· Post-secondary diploma or certificate in television production or photography, or equivalent experience, and production experience in a control room and/or field production setting
· Normal office or control room environment, with little physical discomfort due to temperature, dust, noise and the like.
· Normal outdoor racetrack environment where temperature and weather will be a factor
· Possible interruptions and multiple demands.
· Requires concentration and restriction to location during specific race times
· Must be versatile and able to work in various weather conditions
· Must be comfortable working at heights
· Normally requires standing and walking for up to 75% of the time, and occasionally for extended periods of time during special events.