For over 100 years, we have been the engine that drives the Ontario horse racing industry. From King’s and Queen’s trips to Canada, to first dates, anniversaries and unforgettable horse races, we create winning experiences for all our guests.
Join a certified Great Place to Work team and be part of the future of horse racing and entertainment. Access exciting programs that can help unlock your potential while developing challenging and rewarding career goals. As we grow, we need dedicated people to join our cause. Be part of Woodbine Entertainment and get inspired to make work awesome!
Our Values & Beliefs
| WOW EVERY GUEST | OWN IT! | LISTEN & CONNECT – PEOPLE MATTER | FUEL THE FUN & PASS IT ON | TRUST IN OUR TEAM | #WE CARE | PURSUE YOUR POTENTIAL |BE BOLD| BE ALL IN |
Woodbine Entertainment is growing and we are currently looking for Security Guards who are fun, customer-focused people that are committed to providing our guests with winning experiences!
Your main responsibilities will be to provide protection to the general public and ensure a fun and safe experience while they are on company venues, provide assistance/ support by answering customer inquiries and direct as required. You will also observe floors and stairways ensuring that they are clear of debris, obstructions and fire hazards, enforce track rules, ORC regulations, Provincial statutes and Municipal by-laws and assist Medical Staff when required. Other duties as assigned.
our ideal candidate is going to have a strong passion to wow our guests, great communication skills, a friendly and outgoing attitude, be able to work in a fast paced environment and be willing to maximize their potential.
The wage rate for this position is $21.58 per hour ($1 per hour less during probationary period).
What are we looking for:
- Secondary school diploma or equivalent
- One (1) to two (2) years experience, preference will be given to those enrolled in a police foundations program
- Must have valid First Aid/CPR certification
- Must have completed or in process of obtaining SmartServe
- Must possess a valid PSISA Security Guard License
- Must possess and maintain a valid AGCO license
- Must be available to work at all locations (Woodbine, and Mohawk)
- Valid driver’s license with Ministry of Ontario Driver’s Abstract
- Must be available for work The North American Cup and Queen’s Plate, in addition to availability for other major race dates.
- Employees will be required to work all shift types including days, evenings, weekends, and night shifts