Director, Content & Social Media
For over 100 years, we have been the engine that drives the Ontario horse racing industry. From King’s and Queen’s trips to Canada, to first dates, anniversaries and unforgettable horse races, we create winning experiences for all our guests.
Join a certified Great Place to Work team and be part of the future of horse racing and entertainment. Access exciting programs that can help unlock your potential while developing challenging and rewarding career goals. As we grow, we need dedicated people to join our cause. Be part of Woodbine Entertainment and get inspired to make work awesome!
Our Values & Beliefs
| WOW EVERY GUEST | OWN IT! | LISTEN & CONNECT – PEOPLE MATTER | FUEL THE FUN & PASS IT ON | TRUST IN OUR TEAM | #WE CARE | PURSUE YOUR POTENTIAL |BE BOLD| BE ALL IN |
What we're looking for:
Woodbine Entertainment is on a mission to be a content and social media powerhouse! The Director of Content and Social media will lead the strategy and oversee the execution of social media and content for Woodbine media platforms including editorial, video, content-focused email, social media, non-simulcast (i.e., HPITV) broadcast and influencer/partner content marketing. They will lead and inspire a team to be experts in content and social media creation and distribution and work closely with the Broadcasting team to ensure we develop multi-platform content that is focused on growing revenue and engagement amongst its existing and new customers. We are looking for a digital and social media guru who will work collaboratively with internal stakeholders to wow every guest. Someone who will bring their ‘A’ game everyday as well as their audience-based mindset and expertise in building narratives to drive engagement on digital platforms. This role plays a pivotal role in meeting our strategic imperatives and launching a new breed of experience at Woodbine.
The difference you will make:
- Design and execute a multi-platform content strategy, with an emphasis on engaging our existing customers (wagerers, horse people, venue customers) and growing our customer base, particularly younger, diverse customers to ensure Woodbine is able to deliver on its mission to grow the horse racing industry
- Ensure all content is delivering on key Marketing-lead KPIS and is on-brand
- Establish and oversee the content calendar and roadmap
- Identify and act upon relevant emerging trends in social & content, including on platforms like Instagram, Twitch and TikTok
- Build alignment, workflows and analysis with Marketing on all content/social media programs and work closely with Broadcast Operations, Racing & Wagering to ensure a consistent experience; be a part of Broadcast Operations content/programming discussions and decisions for TSN content and content presentation
- Leverage data and other insights to develop content themes/topics to measure and optimize performance, and ensure an efficient workflow for creating, editing, publishing and measuring content performance.
- Grow relationship with media partners like TSN, Facebook/Instagram, Twitter, TikTok, America’s Best Racing and others who can help distribute WEG content
- Gain executive buy-in and support for new multi-platform content and digital media strategy