Our rich history is a big part of who we are. With historic roots dating back over 135 years, Woodbine is steeped in tradition. We have been the engine that drives the Ontario horse racing industry. From King’s and Queen’s trips to Canada, anniversaries and unforgettable horse races, we have been creating winning experiences for all our guests.
We are currently on an amazing 20-year journey to ‘build a city within a city’ and transform the largest privately held land in Toronto into one of Canada’s premiere entertainment destinations. This journey will unlock the value of approximately 700 acres of land, leading to job creation and the revitalization of our communities, while enhancing our ability to share the thrill of horse-racing and cementing our place as an entertainment powerhouse.
We need dedicated people to join our cause. Be part of Woodbine Entertainment and get inspired to make work awesome!
Our Values & Beliefs
| WOW EVERY GUEST | OWN IT! | LISTEN & CONNECT – PEOPLE MATTER | FUEL THE FUN & PASS IT ON | TRUST IN OUR TEAM | #WE CARE | PURSUE YOUR POTENTIAL |BE BOLD| BE ALL IN |
This HR entry level position will provide support to various HR programs and administrative tasks. The successful candidate will demonstrate a curious and critical thinking mind set to optimize internal workflow and decrease administrative efforts. Including, strong attention to detail and communication skills, technologically savvy and can build credibility in a short period of time.
So, what will I do?
- Performs as a key contributor to the People Experience Team, by delivering services on an on time and quality basis
- Serve as a point of contact for HR inquiries from the business regarding PX processes, policies and systems; escalate as appropriate to PX functions and/or HR Business Partners
- Researches and resolves technical and functional issues and ensures timely responses on issues
- Administer key processes such as:
- Assist with the documentation of internal processes and controls as needed
- Answer all incoming calls and emails that are submitted to HR’s centralized repository
- Maintain employee’s files with all required information and in an orderly fashion
- Prepare employment verification letters
- Follows up on employee life cycle change requests
- Add in new employees in relevant systems and ensure all benefits eligible and other programs are properly inputted
- Responsible for the maintenance of updated organizational charts
- Ordering office supplies
- Conduct onboarding sessions and supports the overall onboarding process
- Ensures continuous process improvement for all processes
- Partner with HRIS team members to reconcile and audit HR data as needed
- Managing the internal intranet with updated information
- Assist with special HR projects – which can include plan, design, communication, and training and/or implementation logistics
And, what will I bring?
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills with an ability to work discretely on a wide range of sensitive and confidential issues
- Attention to detail with a passion for excellent customer service
- Resourceful with a natural investigative curiosity
- Proficient with Microsoft Office
- Work with a sense of urgency without sacrificing quality or accuracy
- Basic knowledge of labor & employee relations, recruitment practices, training and development and total rewards
- Familiarity with HRIS, PeopleSoft experience is considered an asset
- Strong time management and organizational skills necessary to manage varying demands and time constraints
- Strong verbal, interpersonal and communication skills required to write effective letters that include sensitive and sometimes complex issues and interact will all employees
- Strong stakeholder management capacity
- Adaptable and able to multi-task in a fast-paced environment
- Strong ethics regarding privacy, confidentiality and protecting the interests of the employees and company
- Autonomous with the ability to work in a team-driven environment
- A high degree of flexibility to adapt to and effectively manage multiple priorities
- Strong ability to work within a team as well as an ability to take initiative and work independently
Education and Experience:
- University or college degree/diploma in a field related to Human Resources Management and/or Industrial Relations or the equivalent in education and experience
- Successful completion of HR co-op work experience or minimum six months work experience in a HR role