Junior Financial Analyst
For over 100 years, we have been the engine that drives the Ontario horse racing industry. From King’s and Queen’s trips to Canada, to first dates, anniversaries and unforgettable horse races, we create winning experiences for all our guests.
Join a certified Great Place to Work team and be part of the future of horse racing and entertainment. Access exciting programs that can help unlock your potential while developing challenging and rewarding career goals. As we grow, we need dedicated people to join our cause. Be part of Woodbine Entertainment and get inspired to make work awesome!
Our Values & Beliefs
| WOW EVERY GUEST | OWN IT! | LISTEN & CONNECT – PEOPLE MATTER | FUEL THE FUN & PASS IT ON | TRUST IN OUR TEAM | #WE CARE | PURSUE YOUR POTENTIAL |BE BOLD| BE ALL IN |
This position is an integral part of the finance team, with a focus on inventory and cost analysis. The individual would be responsible for the preparation and distribution of the monthly preliminary and final merchandise cost and outlet reports, the period end inventory process, the monthly calculation of the merchandise cost, month end journal entries, monthly account reconciliations, and Gaming Partner invoicing. The individual would also be involved in corporate initiatives to improve reporting and analytics, system integrations, streamlining of processes and improve customer service requirements.
What your day to day will look like:
•Calculate the monthly merchandise cost for all Woodbine Hospitality and Gift Shop locations using Yellow Dog Inventory system
•Prepare and distribute the preliminary and final merchandise cost reports and outlet reports for all Woodbine Hospitality locations
•Assist with the month end inventory process for off track locations
•Prepare and enter month end journal entries
•Prepare and distribute the Gaming Partner Monthly Statement of Account/Invoice for Woodbine and Mohawk locations and ensure all required backup and calculations are documented
•Assist with month end variance analysis and documentations related to inventory, merchandise cost and labour
•Prepare and submit monthly account reconciliations for assigned balance sheet accounts
•Participate in the annual Hospitality and Gift Shop budget process by preparing the templates for use by operations
•Consolidate submissions and analyze the variances to ensure accuracy and assumptions are documented
•Other special projects and related duties as assigned
Key Success Factors
• Post-Secondary education in Accounting or Business
• Accounting Designation – CPA (CMA) preferred
• Minimum two (2) years’ experience in inventory and costing environments
• Experience in the Hospitality industry would be an asset
• Sound knowledge of Accounting principles
• Strong working knowledge of accounting software, preferably Microsoft Dynamics 365 and Yellow Dog for inventory management.
• Advanced Excel skills, working knowledge of MS Word
• Ability to work on multiple activities and to effectively prioritize tasks to meet deadlines with limited supervision
• Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
• Ability to maintain and influence internal and external relationships
• Strong initiative, investigative, and analytical skills