Project Coordinator (Construction & Land Development)
Who we are
At Woodbine we are currently on an amazing 20-year journey to ‘build a city within a city’ and transform the largest privately held land in Toronto into one of Canada’s premiere entertainment destinations. This journey will unlock the value of approximately 700 acres of land, leading to job creation and the revitalization of our communities, while enhancing our ability to share the thrill of horse-racing and cementing our place as an entertainment powerhouse.
Our rich history also defines us. With historic roots dating back over 135 years, Woodbine is steeped in tradition. We have been the engine that drives the Ontario horse racing industry. From King’s and Queen’s trips to Canada, to first dates, anniversaries and unforgettable horse races, we have been creating winning experiences for all our guests.
We are also a certified Great Place to Work! Access exciting programs that can help unlock your potential while developing challenging and rewarding career goals. As we grow, we need dedicated people to join our cause. Be part of Woodbine Entertainment and get inspired to make work awesome!
Our Values & Beliefs
| WOW EVERY GUEST | OWN IT! | LISTEN & CONNECT – PEOPLE MATTER | FUEL THE FUN & PASS IT ON | TRUST IN OUR TEAM | #WE CARE | PURSUE YOUR POTENTIAL |BE BOLD| BE ALL IN |
Reporting directly to the VP, PMO, the successful candidate will thrive in a matrix-oriented environment working on both operations and land development projects at its 2 main locations (555 Rexdale Toronto and 9430 Guelph Line, Campbellville). As a Project Coordinator, you will support WEG’s Project Managers with scheduling meetings, communications, coordinating materials/resources, producing reports, updates and project documentation. This role from time to time will also be asked to carry out autonomous scopes of work or projects This is an excellent opportunity to be part of a growing hands on team and work on a variety of land development, engineering and architectural projects from initiation through to closure.
What you will do:
- Manage project information, including hard-copy and electronic files, throughout all lifecycle phases of the project
- Maintain project SharePoint file structure and repository. This will include coordinating with Woodbine’s I.T. Team to resolve any issues that come up from time to time
- Coordinate information flow between project participants. This will include working with the contractor and consultant to ensure all documentation is received in a timely fashion and meets project and WEG requirements
- Develop procedures capturing information flow and approvals, both internally within Woodbine, and externally in the project environment
- Attend project meetings and prepare detailed minutes of meetings. This will include chairing meeting from time to time
- Develop PowerPoint presentations for all audiences based on input from project team members
- Assist in contract administration including tracking and monitoring of Change Orders and Variations; design comments; outstanding action items; RFIs; and Site Instructions
- Assist in the development of Project Schedules and Budgets
- Create and maintain Project and PMO Portfolio Dashboards showing key metrics including but not limited to financial, schedule and % complete status
- Prepare draft monthly progress reports
- Able to read, interpret and work with multi-discipline drawings and reports
- Execute procurement exercises with support of PMs inclusive of document preparation, communication, bid leveling, award recommendations and other documentation required in the procurement of consultants and contractors
- Support the Site Engineer with documenting contractor daily activities via reports, photos etc.
Key Success Factors:
- A university degree or diploma in engineering, architecture, construction management or project management (or an equivalent combination of academic and practical experience)
- Working previously in an Engineering/Architectural firm or general contractor is preferred
- 3+ years related project coordination experience is required
- Must be a proactive, self-starting, detail oriented individual with strong interpersonal and organizational skills
- Excellent English language both written and verbal communications skills are essential.
- Proficient use of Microsoft Suite
- Proficient use of AutoCAD, Bluebeam and Adobe Acrobat
- Previous experience with document management software would be of benefit such as Aconex, Project Wise, Procore or Contract Management 14
- Familiarity with OAA and CCDC Contracts would be an asset
- Demonstrated problem-solving abilities
- Ability to prioritize competing demands for your time in a fast-paced work environment
- Commitment to excellence and high standards
- Ability to work independently or with minimum supervision and take initiative
- Able to manage priorities and workflow
- Holding a PEng. PMP, OAA, LEED Green Associate certification would be an asset
- A valid G class driver’s license is required as infrequent travel will be required between WEG’s main 2 locations
- No prior knowledge of the horse racing industry is required