Standardbred Improvement Program - Administration Coordinator
Ontario Racing Management
For over 100 years, we have been the engine that drives the Ontario horse racing industry. From King’s and Queen’s trips to Canada, to first dates, anniversaries and unforgettable horse races, we create winning experiences for all our guests.
Join a certified Great Place to Work team and be part of the future of horse racing and entertainment. Access exciting programs that can help unlock your potential while developing challenging and rewarding career goals. As we grow, we need dedicated people to join our cause. Be part of Woodbine Entertainment and get inspired to make work awesome!
Our Values & Beliefs
| WOW EVERY GUEST | OWN IT! | LISTEN & CONNECT – PEOPLE MATTER | FUEL THE FUN & PASS IT ON | TRUST IN OUR TEAM | #WE CARE | PURSUE YOUR POTENTIAL |BE BOLD| BE ALL IN |
This position is responsible for the administration of the day-to-day activities of the Standardbred Ontario Sires Stakes (OSS) Program.
What you will do:
- Responsible for registration, nomination and sustaining fees
- Point of contact for all OSS inquiries about the program from racetracks, industry organizations and individual participants
- Balances each race to the allotted purse amount for auditing purposes
- Issues cheques to all race winners, trainers, drivers and earners of Ontario Bred and Ontario Sired Rewards
- Responsible for content, accuracy and distribution of OSS Racing Guide
- Develops the schedule of races for the OSS Program with input from industry participants, including Ontario race secretaries
- Liaises with Standardbred Canada staff
- Maintains information and accuracy of OSS website.
- Compiles statistical information on the OSS program
- Provides information and input for the Standardbred Advisory Group and attends all meetings.
- Assists with the Ontario Resident Mare Program by verifying eligibility for Ontario Bred Rewards and calculating Ontario Bred Rewards for Open stakes races
- Manages hearing process for SIP
- Processes applications for exemptions from Program requirements
- Arranging hearing dates through coordination with legal
- Preparing hearing material, including supporting documentation, explanation of circumstance and draft Program Administrator decision
- Attending hearings on behalf of Program Administrator when required
- Other related duties as required
Key Success Factors
- Superior knowledge of Ontario Sire Stakes program
- Strong knowledge of the Standardbred industry and Rules of Racing is a considerable asset
- Knowledge of basic accounting principals
- Knowledge of computer programs –Word and Excel
- Advanced analysis and problem solving skills
- Advanced communication skills, both written and verbal