TB Racing Surfaces
Our rich history is a big part of who we are. With historic roots dating back over 135 years, Woodbine is steeped in tradition. We have been the engine that drives the Ontario horse racing industry, creating winning experiences for all our guests.
We are also currently on an amazing 20-year journey to ‘build a city within a city’ and transform the largest privately held land in Toronto into one of Canada’s premiere entertainment destinations. This journey will unlock the value of approximately 700 acres of land, leading to job creation and the revitalization of our communities, while enhancing our ability to share the thrill of horse-racing and cementing our place as an entertainment powerhouse.
We also take care of our PEOPLE. Here are some of the things we offer:
Full Group Benefits Plan
Discounts on Food
Ontario Attractions Discount
Opportunities for Advancement
Social Responsibility Initiatives
We need dedicated people to join our cause. Be part of Woodbine Entertainment and get inspired to make work awesome!
Our Values & Beliefs
| WOW EVERY GUEST | OWN IT! | LISTEN & CONNECT – PEOPLE MATTER | FUEL THE FUN & PASS IT ON | TRUST IN OUR TEAM | #WE CARE | PURSUE YOUR POTENTIAL |BE BOLD| BE ALL IN |
- Operations: Consistently deliver a clean, safe, prepared and well maintained facility and grounds
- Maintain and grade all WEG surfaces including grounds, tracks, roads and parking lots
- Safely operate and perform routine maintenance of grading equipment
- Maintain grades and elevations on Racetracks to WEG standard
- Plow and remove snow and ice from tracks, roads and parking lots
- Perform duties of a “Driver” as required for the maintenance of grounds, tracks, roads, parking lots, stable area and buildings including safe operation of cars, trucks, pickups, loaders, ploughs, snow blowers farm tractors and equipment for grass cutting, rolling, tilling and raking
- Perform “Circle Check” of equipment being used for work shift; report any defects to Supervisor immediately
- Respond to emergencies such as fire and water leaks as required
- Complete work in a safe and efficient manner
- Ensure work area and assigned tools and equipment are kept clean and tidy
- Complete and maintain all documents/records in a timely and accurate manner as required. This includes; work orders, log books, inspection logs, and other documents used in the performance of your duties.
- Ensure that you swipe in before your shift and swipe out at the end of your shift every time.
- Customer Service: Demonstrate service excellence by consistently delivering timely, quality work and team responsiveness
- Demonstrate and model professionalism, courtesy, consideration and respect to internal and WEG customers
- Respond in a timely and effective manner to unexpected and immediate needs of customers
- Consistently uphold and demonstrate safety rules and standards as designated by Department
- Demonstrate and comply with Employee Handbook, uniform, grooming and safety requirements at all times
- Consistently adhere to company policies and procedures
- Communication: Manage information to maintain and improve service satisfaction, teamwork and operational effectiveness
- Report any special occurrences or discrepancies to Department management
- Advise Department management of any occurrences which may compromise or be damaging to positive customer relations.
- Identify and recommend opportunities for improving service or operational performance to Department management.
- Minimum 200 hours grading experience
- Valid Ontario DZ or better
- Able to understand, read, write and converse effectively in English
- Available for shift work, weekends, holidays and overtime
- Able to lift up to 50 lbs.